This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Sidney First United Methodist Church
Sidney, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 11/08/2011
Categories: Discipleship Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Sidney First UMC
The Discipleship Pastor will oversee and manage the process of aiding, developing and implementing all aspects of the spiritual growth pathways for the Sidney First UMC. This individual will assist others in their commitment to becoming like Christ.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage the Sidney First ministries of Hospitality in support of its vision, going above and beyond to love others into the body of Christ. Oversee connecting opportunities both inside and outside the congregation.
Spiritual Growth Pathways
Identify and implement clear spiritual growth pathways for all ages in consultation with other staff members. Direct individuals in and through all stages of spiritual development including: first steps; foundational beliefs and values of the church; personal gifts/talents; and spiritual disciplines. Assist and support all ministries in assimilating people into the life of the church.
Small Group Development/Structure
Develop and implement small groups for all ages, which include service, fellowship and spiritual oriented small groups. Create a small group culture that communicates the value and purpose of small groups.
Recruit, equip and train small group leaders. Focus on casting vision, giving guidance, providing support, resources and accountability for small group leaders. Recruit and develop mentors for small group leaders (One mentor for every 3 to 4 group leaders).
Other duties as assigned
Support the mission and vision of SFUMC with other duties that may include, maintaining a yearly budget, preaching and teaching, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree, seminary degree preferred
- Must have personal faith in God grounded in scripture and prayer.
- Must be an active member of the church in good standing
- Must be a born again believer in Jesus Christ and baptized in the Holy Spirit
- Must be able to effectively teach and communicate the Word of God to all ages.
- Must have the ability to meet people where they are and equip them for growth.
- Must be a team player who looks forward to contributing to the positive work environment of the existing staff.
- Must be able to creatively develop plans to implement the vision for a discipleship process.
- Must demonstrate leadership, effective people skills and consistent desire and ability to train and empower others.
As a member of the pastoral team, the Discipleship Pastor is responsible to the lead pastor in all matters of spiritual and leadership development. The Discipleship Pastor will provide staff leadership and resources in partnership with the lay development and discipleship team.
Compensation and benefits: Full time position with appropriate salary and benefits.
Please respond by December 2, 2011