This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's Ministry
Canton , Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 06/19/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Covenant
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Part-Time
lifechurch is about lifechange. We are a contemporary, culturally relevant, and fast growing church that is reaching people from all walks of life who are being transformed by Jesus Christ. We began 7 years ago with 25 people and today regularly worshiping 800-900 each Sunday. Our vision is to be a community where real people can connect with God and experience real life. This was Jesus’ vision as well, when he said, “I have come that you might have life.” Our mission, based on the Great Commission, is to help people Know Jesus, Grow together in Him & Go serve the world. This forms the basis for everything we do. We are currently looking to fill a part time position for our children's ministry.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensuring coordination and continuity of the spiritual growth of children from birth to fifth grade.
• Coordinating and over seeing the lifekids program for 3 services on Sunday Mornings.
• Recruit, train, and encourage volunteers to adequately staff programming and the lifekids ministry.
• Develop leaders and teams within the structure of lifekids
• Preview, select, order, and distribute appropriate curriculum, materials, and resources.
• Oversee and staff special events (i.e. Trunk or Treat, In-service children’s performances, etc.).
• Develop and maintain a budget for lifekids.
• Maintain and further develop the safety and security systems for children including background checks for all workers, and discipline systems for children.
• Cast vision and set goals for the lifekids ministry in line with mission and vision of lifechurch. Implement structure and strategy to achieve these goals.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Committed to personal growth, servant leadership, personal mentorship, and being one in the spirit with the leadership at lifechurch.
• Is an energetic, creative, team player who loves kids and feels called to children’s ministry.
• Can demonstrate previous success and an ongoing ability in recruiting, training, and supporting coordinators, leaders, and volunteers
• Can demonstrate previous success and an ongoing ability in developing and maintaining a children’s ministry
• Is excited by the opportunity of working in a church that is growing rapidly and desires to see that growth reflected in the children’s ministries program.
• College degree desired
• 2 years experience working with children and volunteers preferably in a church environment.
To express an interest in this position please send a resume highlighting the above qualifications in a word doc format with your last name included in the title of that document to
Mike Rice @ email@example.com