This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Outreach Minister of Weddings
The Wedding Ministers, Inc.
Houston/Austin/San Antonio/DFW, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 04/09/2010
Categories: Associate Pastor - Church Planter
Denominations: Not Applicable
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Part-Time
Professional and personable ministers in four Texas areas:
• San Antonio
• Dallas-Fort Worth
and surrounding suburbs.
DUTIES & REQUIREMENTS:
• Perform wedding ceremonies as a pre-evangelism outreach to couples in your local community
• Provide premarital counseling or materials as needed
• Provide a positive Christian connection with engaged couples
• Respectfully invite couples to your church
• Must be ordained or licensed by a local Texas church
• Must be engaging public speaker
• Must love people
• Must be committed to relational evangelism, not confrontational evangelism
• Must return all phone calls and emails promptly
• Earn about $120 per wedding
Seven years ago, with the help of Sugar Creek Baptist and River Pointe Church, I started Fellowship of Houston in Northwest Houston. I am now on staff at River Pointe and have started a side ministry & business called Married for Life. This began when I was a church planter, trying to meet couples in the community. We perform wedding ceremonies, mostly for un-churched and de-churched couples. We performed over 100 ceremonies last year, and expect to perform 300+ this year. I am now transitioning into a part-time position at River Pointe, so I can focus full time on Married for Life.
Send a resume and current photo to JLScarborough@gmail.com