This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's Ministry
First United Methodist Church
Springfield, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 03/03/2010
Categories: Children's Pastor - Christian Education
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
First United Methodist Church is seeking a gifted leader passionate about inspiring in children a lifelong love of following Jesus. FUMC is a large and growing church in Springfield, Illinois that desires to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. We are seeking a leader that can lead the children’s ministry as it seeks to live out this vision.
• Ability to cast a clear vision and inspire ministry leaders and servants
• Gifted in the development and implementation of measurable strategic plan fulfilling the vision of the church
• Experience in building dynamic gift based ministry teams for children ages 2-6th grade
• Minimum of 3 years in a leadership role in ministry or children’s education
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
• Experience as a change agent in a large established church culture
• Oversee all ministries for children ages 2-6th grade, particularly Sunday School
• Recruit and train volunteers for those ministries
• Working in concert with Director of Student Ministries to oversee youth Sunday School and develop an integrated program for children and youth
• Envision and lead the ministry through an evolution of change to meet the needs of parents and their children in our changing culture
Compensation: Dependent Upon Experience, will include salary plus benefits.