This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Part-Time Worship Director
HIll Country Bible Church
Pflugerville, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 11/19/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Part-Time
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR PART-TIME WORSHIP DIRECTOR
Hill Country Bible Church Pflugerville
To lead the HCBC Worship Ministry by recruiting, directing and developing a worship team that works together to passionately engage the people of HCBC in authentic, biblical worship that calls attention to and appreciation for the life-changing reality of Jesus Christ.
GUIDING SCRIPTURE FOR MINISTRY
“Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations”. Psalm 100 (NIV)
QUALIFICATIONS FOR MINISTRY
1. Love for God and passion for worship.
2. Love for people and ability to work with others.
3. Grasp of HCBC worship philosophy.
4. Commitment to daily quiet time and prayer.
5. Commitment to living out R.E.A.L. and the Spiritual Formation Commitments.
6. Leadership and organization skills.
1. To recruit, train, and lead a worship team consisting of vocalists, musicians, A/V technicians and administrator.
• To audition and interview those interested in worship ministry.
• To help assess the gifting of those expressing interest in worship ministry.
• To train the team in worship philosophy and worship leadership skills.
• To direct the worship team practices each week (and on Sunday mornings) including a brief devotional based on the direction of the Sunday service.
• To oversee necessary administration (copying music, power point slide production & distribution, vocalist copies, CCLI obligations, budget, expenditures, lining up special music, childcare, etc.).
2. To work with the Pastor to plan worship services.
• To work with the pastor and a team to do long term worship planning with the goal of completing plans 4-6 weeks ahead of schedule.
• To meet with the Pastor and a team weekly to evaluate the past Sunday, finalize plans for the next Sunday, and quickly look at two Sundays out.
• To finalize worship plans each week and distribute them accordingly.
• To help the pastor think creatively about assimilating additional elements in worship.
3. To provide general care for the Worship Team.
• To get to know each team member personally, find out where they are spiritually, and encourage them to “take the next step.”
• To encourage Worship Team members to commit to a small group and to move forward through the Spiritual Formation Process.
COMPENSATION AND HOURS
This position pays $18,000 per year for 15-20 hours per week. A suggested breakdown of hours:
2-3 Hours Weekly Evaluation & Planning Meeting
3-4 Hours Personal Practice and Midweek Worship Rehearsal
4-5 Hours Administration (phone calls, planning, research, devotional prep, arranging, etc.)
1-2 Hours 1 weekly lunch/breakfast appointment with team members, quarterly socials, etc.
5-6 Hours Sundays