First Presbyterian Church of York is looking for a creative, dynamic Interim Director of Youth Ministries. We seek someone who is passionate about their faith and excited to minister to a very diverse group of 6th-12th
grade students. The position is part time (up to 25 hours) and the hours are flexible. FPC is located in the heart of downtown York, just hours from Baltimore, Gettysburg, Harrisburg, D.C., and Philadelphia.
FUNCTION: The Interim Director of Youth Ministries works to support, plan, develop, and supervise the ministries for youth at First Presbyterian Church in accordance with the policies and directions of the Session and the Co-Pastors.
In an interim roll, this leader is tasked with strengthening the current programs, understanding the history of the youth ministry, stabilizing volunteer staff through the changes in leadership, and observing and maintaining key traditions within the ministry.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Session, through Pastor Allison
HOURS PER WEEK: up to 25
- Demonstrate in all activities, both personal and professional, a commitment to Jesus Christ and love for God’s people.
- Lead weekly creative, fun, biblically-based fellowship programs for both middle school and junior high.
- Provide a detailed schedule of events for the fall and spring semesters
- Communicate with parents on a weekly basis through email
- Attend and lead youth advisory board meetings (Four times a year)
- Attend all meetings related to the new youth space/coffeehouse
- Plan and lead youth leader meetings and trainings
- Supervise on-going youth leader recruitment process
- Work with the youth advisory board to plan and coordinate youth mission trip fundraisers
- Plan, organize, coordinate and lead summer youth retreats and mission trips
- In conjunction with the co-pastors, provide opportunities for the youth to participate in worship (Youth Sunday, Mission Trip Sunday, Senior Sunday)
- In conjunction with the co-pastors, attend to the pastoral care needs of the youth
- Act as primary staff for implementing youth programming
- Serve as a resource to other staff regarding ministry to Youth and their families.
- Provide monthly reports of youth ministry activities, goals, and financial status to Session.
- Attend weekly staff meeting and meeting with Co-Pastor as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Co-Pastor and agreed to by the incumbent.