The Family Pastor will create and oversee an engaging, vibrant and comprehensive ministry for families and children from birth through high school at Grace Community Church.
* Oversee Youth & Children's Ministries by developing strategies for reaching and teaching children and teens through programming on Sunday, as well as mid-week events and activities.
* Work with the Youth Pastor and Family Ministry Coordinator on strategies to reach and engage parents and children by creating a warm, welcoming environment that encourages friendships and connection.
* Build meaningful parental partnership to encourage, support and disciple families spiritually and emotionally.
* Provide pastoral care and support for families, children, and pre-teens.
* Major emphasis on Discipleship of families rather than preaching from the pulpit.
* An enthusiastic team player to work with our Pastoral and Admin teams to serve our church community in a modern and culturally relevant way.
* Master of Divinity Degree with 8 plus years experience working at a bible based church.
* Authentic passion and desire to connect with families and their children to help them grow and live out their Christian faith.
* Sensitivity/ability to being culturally relevant by understanding the balance of people who are new to their faith/mature in their faith.
* An enthusiastic team builder to work with staff, volunteers, Elders, Planning Team, and Small Groups within Grace Community Church.
* Relational, with a genuine desire to build relationships within the church and out in the community.
* A self-starter who is able to initiate, lead and follow through on programs and initiatives.
* Intuitive, with the ability to navigate the culture of Fairfield County, and the diverse landscape within GCC.
* Tech savvy, adept at the use of social media to create excitement and enthusiasm that will reach people for Christ.