The Youth & Young Adults Pastor of Westchester Christian Worship Center provides leadership and supervision of all Ministry to youth for children in 6th through 12th grade, Young Adults ages 18-29, and extends to all respective leaders
and support staff. He/she shall also identify emerging needs of the youth & young adult ministry and establish comprehensive ministry strategies and corresponding leaders to meet those needs across of campuses of WCWC.
- A member of the WCWC.
- Has acquired or is in process of acquiring ministry credentials with the NY District Assemblies of God.
- Has satisfactorily completed all relevant screening procedures and background checks mandated for children’s workers of WCWC
- Both the Youth & Young Adult Pastor and his or her spouse are expected to regularly attend the services of WCWC.
- Both the Youth & Young Adult Pastor and his or her spouse are expected to fully participate in the congregational life of the church while demonstrating full support of the pastor and leadership team
- Demonstrates the skill sets, proficiency and passion necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this job description
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Shall staff and supervise a Friday evening Youth event (White Plains) to provide opportunity for discipleship, socialization, and ministry.
- Shall staff and supervise the Wednesday night youth discipleship program at White Plains Campus.
- Shall identify and create youth ministry platform for all satellite campuses.
- Shall create a comprehensive ministry plan specific to young adults ages 18-29.
- Shall maintain an organizational environment to foster proficient and effective ministry activity throughout all youth & young adult ministries; this includes sufficient staff meetings, evaluations, communiqués and other means of coordination and control.
- Shall develop an effective strategy for promotion of the youth & young adult ministries both within the church and to the outside community
- Shall establish a leadership team that will assist in the planning, coordination and execution of youth & young adult ministries objectives
- Shall be responsible for recruitment, supervision, training and development of support staff for youth & young adult ministries.
- Shall recruit and train youth ministry coordinators to assume lead ministry role at satellite campuses.
- Shall enforce the allotted line item budgets assigned to the youth ministries and young adults in the church’s annual budget and shall remain accountable to the Board of Trustees in doing so.
- Shall attend weekly staff meetings.
- Shall cooperate with office manager and office staff to maintain proficient administrative capabilities in the office
- Shall facilitate background checks of all youth ministry workers with Director of Children’s Ministries.
- Shall ensure the youth ministries are providing a safe, age-appropriate, teenage-friendly, nurturing environment that welcomes all youth (and families) with love and compassion.
- Shall ensure youth ministries are maintaining a Christ-centered, Bible based approach toward ministry and is effectively meeting the spiritual needs of its students.
- Shall build personal relationships with parents and teenagers beyond routine scheduled church events by supporting them at sporting events, drama productions, social events, etc.
- Shall provide follow-up to church visitors who have teenagers when requested.
- Shall conduct visitations to families of children in crises in homes and hospitals
- Shall be ready and available to pray for and counsel teenagers and parents.
- Shall inform parents when made aware of safety or health concerns of their teenagers.
- Shall fulfill other duties that may be added to this job description as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor or Board of Trustees
Young Adults Ministry
- Shall develop and maintain comprehensive ministry to adults ages 18-29 at all WCWC locations.
- Shall work in conjunction with Discipleship Pastor to ensure relevant young adult discipleship at WCWC.
- Shall develop a leadership to assist in the development of a young adult’s ministry at WCWC.
- Shall cultivate a serving and evangelistic environment among the young adults which facilitates their continued growth and commitment to God and WCWC.
- Shall serve as a voice for the young adult population to ensure that WCWC continues to be welcoming, relevant, and appealing to our young adult population.