High School/Middle School Pastor Position
General Description: The High School/Middle School Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual development of high school/Middle School students (Grades 6 through 12). This includes leadership of weekly programs and periodic special
events (camps, conferences, trips, service projects, etc.).
Essential Job Functions
1. Lead Team of volunteers in the creation and operation of a high school/middle school ministry, including weekly services and routine special events.
2. Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high energy services for high school/middle schoolstudents.
3. Create and manage a high school/middle school student ministry calendar that will drive all the activities and teaching of the ministry.
4. Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff weekly programs and special events.
5. Develop and disciple a group of student leaders.
6. Implement student registration, program management, and security policies/practices in support of weekly services and special events.
7. Design, plan, and conduct periodic parent meetings in order to meet the needs and expectations of families attending the church.
8. Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of student ministry area and grounds.
9. Develop an annual budget for high school/middle schoolstudent ministry and manage spending to budget.
10. Function as a member of the church’s pastoral staff performing baptism services and rotation in the Main stage speaking schedule.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires 2 to 3 years’ experience as a staff member in a student ministry leadership capacity. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical studies or related field is required. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.)
The successful individual will be a strong leader with solid work ethic, possessing a passion for teaching students about God and the ability to administrate as a department head. A working knowledge of creative programming related to student programs and
special events is a real plus.