Associate Pastor _ Youth Ministry
Center of Hope Inglewood, CA 90305 USA
$43,000 to $52,000 Annually
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Why Work Here?
“Growing organization, great CEO and team, supportive atmosphere, and competitive benefits.”
Reporting to the Lead Pastor, the Associate Pastor of Youth
Ministry is a full-time position. The candidate should possess a sound working knowledge in ministry to youth and their families, as he/she will be responsible for designing and implementing a transformative youth ministry with an appropriate infrastructure
and systems to support a healthy and growing church. Center of Hope (COH) youth ministry includes junior and senior high school aged students.
Specific responsibilities include:
The candidate will be responsible for oversight and leadership of the COH youth Christian development in all applicable environments. He or she will be responsible for recruiting and inspiring an incredible team to lead the spiritual growth of the next generation
of disciples at the COH. Therefore, the candidate’s ability to attract, acquire, develop and deploy effective leaders, both volunteers, and paid staff, while creating relevant environments for youth will be crucial to his or her success. The candidate will
champion youth and related family ministry by overseeing all staff and programming execution for COH youth environments.
In addition to the above, other responsibilities include:
- Understand the COH model & culture as well as its strategic plan.
- Evaluate COH current ministry structure to determine needed roles to facilitate the appropriate youth ministry model.
- Develop goals (i.e., short- and long-term) and objectives for youth ministry area in line with the strategic plan.
- Develop, coordinate, and lead a youth worship program.
- Create stimulating and safe environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourages spiritual growth.
- Recognize trends of families in our culture, with an understanding of how to respond in relevant ways.
- Help to provide parents the tools they need for spiritual leadership, especially in the home.
- Address specific personal and spiritual needs of youth as they arise through one-on-one or COH Life Group model, benevolent/care visits, or other connections appropriate to the circumstances.
- Teach the congregation about the needs of youth.
- Develop and implement an annual calendar of activities and programs that are inclusive and promote relationship development and discipleship at levels appropriate to the group.
- Develop and manage the annual budget for the youth ministry.
- Be responsive to communication demands which arise through personal interaction, email, and telephone contacts.
- Develop relationships with schools, churches, and other organizations that support our efforts to reach youth in the church and the community.
- Develop a system(s) to monitor and report ongoing ministry objectives to Senior Pastor and/or appointed representative(s).
- Serve as manager of the youth ministry by conducting performance assessments and providing ongoing informal performance feedback to those volunteers involved in the ministry.
- Work with church administration team to ensure membership information and databases are up to date and maintained.
- Document approaches and outcomes for establishing a model for future church planting.
- Efficiently utilize and make strategic suggestions on technologies that would aid in the execution of the ministry’s goals and objectives.
- Assist with the maintenance of youth ministry section on the church website and support social media and IT related efforts.
Other Ministerial Duties:
- As a member of the ministry leadership team, the Associate Pastor of Youth ministry will also assist in serving the congregation in all aspects of discipleship and care including, but not limited to, teaching/preaching as requested, visitation, funerals,
weddings, and giving direction to others in supporting the ongoing discipleship and care for the church at large. Also, the candidate will work with the ministry leadership and staff to create, plan and oversee efforts to reach the unchurched locally, nationally,
and globally by advancing the mission and vision of the ministry.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
About Center of Hope:
Center of Hope is a non-denomination church that has had a long history of meeting the spiritual and social service needs of the residents of Inglewood and its surrounding communities. The Church is experiencing significant growth under its leadership team
and is expanding its focus to have a national and world impact. Go to www.go2hope.com for more information.
Company address: 9550 Crenshaw Blvd