- Discipling students to know Jesus Christ and to give their lives to Him in faith and love for His world-changing purposes
- Leading our junior high youth group and pioneering our high school youth group
- Speaking at the ecumenical high school outreach “Soulfood” 1x/month during the school year
- Regularly attending different students’ games, concerts, and activities
- Helping lead a class or area at VBS each summer
- Helping teach a Sunday school class for youth group age students during the school year
- Regularly engaging in relationship evangelism with the youth of Berlin
- Intentionally and actively reaching out on Sunday mornings including staying around late after church to greet people at the door and get to know as many of them as possible.
- Assisting in other areas of church ministry in accordance with the needs of the church and the gifts of the individual as directed by the Lead Pastor and board of Elders, including preaching 3 to 6 times a year if needed and helping reach out to those who
- Agreement with the Doctrinal Statement of the Evangelical Free Church of America (although eschatology is negotiable :))
- Resonance with our church’s Core Values and Distinctives (see our website: About: Who We Are)
- Training, gifting, and experience in youth ministry
- A vibrant spiritual life showing spiritual maturity, faithfulness, and growth
- A missionary heart for our area and willingness to move here
- Excellent people and team skills, especially the abilities of relating well with youth, creating positive group atmosphere, helping them feel loved, and inspiring them to love Jesus and consistently go to the next level of following Him.
- Very self-motivated with a good work ethic and ability to build a program from the ground up
- Ability to do the necessary administrative work for planning and leading trips and fundraisers
- A humble and teachable spirit with the willingness to be a team player
- A willingness to attend our church services, events, and regularly be in one of our small groups to be in close relationship with our people
- Excellent references
The Youth Pastor is a member of the pastoral staff, directly responsible to the Lead Pastor, and is evaluated by the Elders. The salary package will be based on qualifications and experience and will start with a two-week paid vacation. A call to the Youth
Pastor requires a favorable vote by a 2/3 majority of the members present at a congregational meeting.
- Total salary package: negotiable
- Two-week paid vacation (expandable to four weeks)
- Historically we have given our pastors raises each year and sabbaticals every 8-10 years
- A gracious and fun leadership team that strongly values healthy relationships
Thank you and may God bless and lead you as you seek to serve Him!