We are looking for someone with a passion for developing relationships with students in order to encourage a growing faith in Jesus, an outgoing, energetic personality, and an eagerness to take leadership initiative. This position will be overseeing the
spiritual growth, the relational investment, and the equipping for ministry of our high school students and adult volunteers. It will involve a combination of creative freedom along with the support of the youth team as a whole.
The Lakeway Church is a non-denominational congregation with a variety of faith backgrounds in the suburbs west of Austin, near Lake Travis. Our mission is to proclaim the Word of God and lead those who receive it to become fully devoted followers of Jesus
Christ. Our church is in an exciting time of growth, and we are searching for the person God has in store to shepherd high school students in the area as our student ministry grows alongside the church and community.
The High School Director works closely with the Director of Youth Ministries to help students encounter Christ and process Biblical truth in the context of relationships. The HS Director will help to create, implement, and improve high school ministry programs
and provide leadership, relational engagement, spiritual presence, and developmental support for the Lakeway Church Student Ministry. Ministry focus will specifically target the high school journey as students develop their faith in the transition from middle
school to high school and beyond.
- Lead students into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and challenge them to continually take the next step in their spiritual journey and walk with Christ
- Engage HS students so they develop meaningful relationships with adult leaders and with peers
- Equip students to do ministry and create opportunities for them to serve and love others through service projects and outreach events
- Provide leadership and planning for student worship services and high school programming
- Oversee, develop, and train a team of high school small group leaders for maximum outreach of student relationships
- Lead large group teaching time 1 to 4 times a month on a rotating basis. Lead a small group weekly
- Create welcoming environments where students can enjoy shared experiences and have fun
- Facilitate and lead one-on-one and small group discipleship interactions with students
- Facilitate in planning, executing, and evaluating student events and activities (camps, trips, retreats, etc.)
- Equip and resource parents for the maximum impact on a student’s spiritual life
- Do contact work with students by attending sports games, visiting students at school lunches, community events, and extracurricular activities