TRINITY CHURCH Student Minister Opportunity Profile & Job Description
At Trinity, we are passionate about seeing a diverse group of people find a common story in Christ. Since Trinity started 12 years ago, we have committed ourselves to exalting Jesus Christ and honoring God’s Word in all that we say and do. Our
four-part strategy is to help people Come to faith in Jesus, Grow as his disciples, Serve as Jesus served and Reach those who do not know him. As God has brought more people, we have continued to be one church which now meets in three Virginia Beach locations
and in Stuttgart, Germany with a fifth campus planned to open this fall in Downtown Norfolk.
To better reach students with the Gospel and to help them Grow in Christ, Trinity is hiring a part-time (25 hour/week) Student Minister for our Downtown Norfolk campus. The Student Minister will lead the student ministry at their campus to reach
6th-12th grade students and invite them to come to Christ, help students Grow to become disciples through small group Bible studies and assist students in Serving in the church as well as Reaching their friends for Christ. Our Student Minister will be part
of a Campus staff led by the Campus Pastor and will also work collaboratively with Student Ministers from other campuses to jointly select curriculum, plan summer camps and mission trips together, and work hard to make sure that Trinity’s student ministry
pursues the same strategy across all of our campuses while embracing local distinctives.
The Trinity Church staff is comprised of people who love Christ. We value truth, humility, teachability, collegiality and entrepreneurial risk-taking. As we chase the dreams God has put in Trinity’s collective heart, we are willing to try new things
and then evaluate so we can learn from those experiences together. Our goal is not excellence in and of itself, but to do everything as unto the Lord for His glory and the good of the people we reach and serve.
We are currently looking for a student minister for our Downtown Norfolk Campus that will be launching in Fall 2018. If you naturally connect with students, are passionate about leading them to Christ and love leading adults to exercise their gifts
in student ministry, see the Job Description below for what it will take to be a Trinity Church Student Minister. Furthermore, if interested, please send an email to
email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter. In your letter, please include a brief statement of faith including when you first trusted Christ as your Savior, and, share why you are interested in serving the Lord at Trinity.
The Student Minister is someone with a mature, vibrant, and deep love for Jesus Christ who is both passionate about and gifted in leading students in worshiping and serving God. The Student Minister is responsible for leading the Student Ministry
at their campus to pursue Trinity’s mission by accomplishing the church’s Come, Grow, Serve & Reach strategy. The Student Minister will report to and take direction from the Campus Pastor. The Student Minister will also collaborate with other Trinity Student
Ministers and will receive coaching from the Team Leader of Trinity’s Student Ministry Team.
1. Develop and execute a plan to accomplish Trinity’s 4-part strategy through that campus’
2. Recruit, train, deploy, and support volunteer adult leaders.
3. Provide pastoral care to the high school and middle school students.
4. Work collegially with fellow Trinity student ministers to insure our campus student ministries are strategically aligned with similar programming, select a common curriculum, and plan quarterly church-wide special events (e.g., camps, retreats,
and mission trips), 5. Serve on the Campus Leadership Team which meets to provide counsel to the campus pastor and help staff reach the local community.
Develop a Grow strategy designed to help students grow to become more like Christ. The primary means for accomplishing this discipling strategy is through community groups and weekly campus group events. The secondary means is through quarterly
The Student Minister will:
1. Develop and multiply campus community groups including recruiting, training, and supervising group leaders.
2. Organize and be the primary teacher for the weekly campus high school Sunday evening event (SNL) and Wednesday middle school evening event (SHIFT).
3. Work with fellow student ministers to organize quarterly special events such as a high school student retreat, a middle school student retreat, Middle School Weekend, and a summer camp for all students.
4. Encourage and equip parents (e.g. seminars).
Develop a Serve strategy to help every student discover their spiritual gifts and passions and find a place to serve in the local body.
Develop a Reach strategy that helps the students see their local schools and community as their mission field and lead them by example by:
1. Investing deeply in reaching students at assigned local high schools (at least 2) and middle schools (at least 3) near the campus.
2. Seeking out students who attend the campus for the first time or who attend worship but are not involved in the student ministry.
3. Planning domestic and international mission trip opportunities for high school students.
4. Teaching students how to reach others and share their faith with them.
1. Regularly communicate with parents, students, volunteers, and staff.
2. Maintain an annual ministry calendar coordinated with campus and student ministry staff.
3. Prepare and manage the campus Student Ministry budget.
1. Mature Christian walk.
2. Spiritual gift of leadership and/or administration and gift of teaching.
3. Loves students and is effective in reaching and discipling them.
4. Proven ability to lead and organize students and adult volunteers with at least one year of church staff experience or two years as a volunteer leader.
1. Directly responsible to the Campus Pastor.
2. Indirectly responsible to the Team Lead Student Minister.
1. Continue to grow spiritually with a daily commitment to prayer and Scripture.
2. Maintain strong marriage/family.
3. Be involved in the life of Trinity Church.
4. Defend the doctrinal positions of Trinity Church.
5. Support the leadership and decisions of the Elder Board.
6. Work part-time including evening and weekend commitments.
7. Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly all-Trinity staff meetings.
8. Cooperate with semi-annual reviews with Campus Pastor and Team Lead Student Minister.
Support (what Trinity Church provides):
1. Salary and Benefits.
2. Continuing Education/Conference Attendance.
3. Resources (computer, phone provider expense reimbursements, office space, etc.)
4. Personal support from Elder Board and Pastoral Staff.