PASTOR OF FAMILY MINISTRIES – BUSH LAKE CAMPUS
Classification: Full-Time – Exempt
Ministry Area: Church Extension
A. WESTWOOD’S VISION
We demonstrate God’s love in creative and compelling ways that lead people to know God, worship Him authentically, connect relationally, grow spiritually and serve joyfully.
We are a community with open hands, receiving from God all He wants to give, believing that He wants to give us a lot. And with open hands we give it away, believing we cannot out-give God.
B. MINISTRY AREA PURPOSE
The Kid’s and Student Ministry Areas (birth through grade 12) exist to supplement the family in their attempt to lay a spiritual foundation that, in God’s timing, may lead a child/student into a dynamic relationship with God through His Son, Jesus Christ
1. Serve in Pastoral Leadership for the Multisite Campus with primary leadership and resourcing of Student’s and Family ministries.
2. Be a resource to the Central Next Gen Ministry Area as called upon, especially in the resourcing of kid’s and student ministries and leadership in developing those ministries in future campuses.
3. Serve as a back-up, in the absence of the Campus Pastor:
• Hosting Sunday Services
• Providing pastoral care
• Leading staff meetings
1. Live a life that honors God in heart, actions and relationships, with the goal of becoming more like Christ.
2. Align to and live out the Westwood staff values;
We live and breathe Jesus
We > Me
We are Developers
We Bring our Best
We are Always Learning.
3. Serve as a pastor to Westwood Community Church, with primary focus at the multisite location, in pastoral functions in support of the Campus Pastor.
a. Pastoral care as appropriate and pastor-on-call rotation.
b. Perform weddings and funerals as needed
c. Attend “all church” functions
4. Manage, develop, train, and resource a comprehensive program of Kid’s and Family ministries through lay and parent engagement and leadership of Kid’s Ministries Teams.
5. Contribute to the overall Westwood Next Gen Ministry Area (Central Support and campuses) as called upon.
6. Carry out other responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
7. Maintain an active presence in the community in which your campus is located.
8. Participate and collaborate with staff implementing Westwood mission and vision.
9. Engage lay leadership within Westwood’s worship, belong, serve and go discipleship model.
1. Reports to the Campus Pastor
2. Dotted line relationship with Westwood Central Student Ministry Team.
3. Coordinates and collaborates with members of the overall Westwood pastoral staff.
4. Interacts with other church staff, facilitators and volunteers.
5. Bachelor’s degree (required) and Seminary degree (required or pursuing)
6. Minimum three years direct ministry leadership experience in a multiple staff setting (preferred)
7. Ability to relate to kids, students, families, and Westwood staff.
8. Ability to teach the Word of God effectively
9. Ability to attract, equip, and mobilize volunteers for lay leadership and ministry team participation
10. Ability to work on a team with the Campus Pastor and other campus staff.
11. Ability to develop, supervise and coach employees.
12. Ability to lead in program implementation as designed by central
13. Ability to lead through a transformational, multiplying model
14. Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
15. Endorse and support Westwood’s Statement of Faith and traditional orthodox evangelical theology
16. Remain a member in good standing of Westwood Community Church