The Student Ministry Director is responsible for all aspects of student ministry at Wooddale Church’s Edina Campus. Through strong leadership and relational skills, this person will oversee the growth and effectiveness of the campus’s ministry to 5th-12th
graders and their families.
- Create and lead weekly programs that effectively engage 5th-12th grade students.
- Weekly teaching that invites students to grow in their faith and live for Jesus.
- Build a team of volunteers by casting vision, recruiting and empowering them to disciple students alongside you.
- Communicate and engage with families through various media (social, print, etc.).
- Build bridges into the community in order to reach more students and families.
- Contribute to the overall ministry of the Edina campus by participating in regular staff meetings and campus initiatives/events.
- Meet with Wooddale’s student ministry team for collaboration and planning across campuses.
- Baccalaureate degree.
- 2+ years of relevant ministry and leadership experience with students.
- Evidence of a commitment to honor God by making more disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Skilled at recruiting, building and leading teams of volunteers.
- Strong upfront and interpersonal communication skills with ability to relate to students/families of various ages and backgrounds.
- Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Wooddale Church.
- Be a regular participant in public worship at Wooddale Church and remain a member in good standing.
RELATIONSHIPS AND SCHEDULE
- Reports to the Edina Campus Pastor.
- Works with Edina campus staff and student ministry teams from other campuses.
- Part time. Schedule is negotiable but includes weekends and some evenings.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer