The Worship Experience Director will lead the effort to create irresistible worship experiences.
Fulfill Christ’s command to make disciples by aligning all aspects of the worship service to communicate the main takeaway. Works with Sr. Pastor and Leadership Team to create a weekend worship experience that is appealing, engaging and helpful for both
churched and unchurched people. Make the church easy to navigate and point people to their next step in discipleship.
3 Focus Areas:
- Hospitality – develop and execute a strategic approach to hospitality surrounding the weekend experience. (appealing) Serve as the “host” for weekend experience.
- Program – plan and execute the weekend experience including musical, visual and technical aspects. (engaging)
- Next Steps – work with leadership team to design and implement relevant next steps for discipleship development for all age groups (including children’s programs and Bible studies). (helpful)
- Leadership potential with relational approach to ministry. Able to recruit and equip volunteer leaders
- Public speaking and small group facilitation.
- Musical ability and an eye for visual aesthetics.
- Create and maintain a budget.
- Spiritually grounded person who is passionate about Christ’s command to make disciples. Be able to articulate Redeemer Church’s vision to others.
- Direction and coaching from the Leadership Development Team
- Participation on the Executive Leadership team.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Number of volunteer leaders recruited and trained.
- Anecdotal stories about impact of the worship experience.
- Growing attendance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BS/BA preferred with 1-2 years experience in a worship environment.
Background check performed prior to hire.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, general business periodicals, journals, procedures, or regulations. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints. Ability to write articles for public distribution. Ability to effectively
present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Able to interpret a variety of technical instructions and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to utilize standard office productivity and database software.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, including reaching, talk or hear, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to see close, distance, peripheral and color.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
Job Title: Worship Experience Director
Reports To: Sr. Pastor
FLSA Status: Exempt