PLEASE APPLY HERE ----> https://vsearch.ws/2z6GAEv
About the Organization:
The Rock is designed to be an inclusionary ministry intentionally embracing those who don’t feel worthy of being accepted or embraced. The Rock is wildly inclusive as Christ's advocate for the unchurched, de-churched, and culturally and socially
marginalized of the world. It wholeheartedly believes this is the example Christ set for the church.
Over 15 years ago, The Rock Church was started by Pastor Art Lenon and his wife Rhonda, with a handful of people located in Sparks, NV. Over the years, the church has continued to grow to a weekly attendance of over 400 people. From the moment people walk
through the doors of The Rock, they feel welcomed and at home - because that’s the place The Rock is.
The Rock’s philosophy, as you’ll see later, is embedded in its often-stated phrase, “Come as you are, it’s all about the journey . . . Together.” The Rock believes, wholeheartedly, that regardless of race, gender, social status,
nationality, previous religious affiliation, sexual orientation or family of origin that anything can happen in a person’s spiritual journey if the Holy Spirit’s involved.
The Rock is a dynamic church that loves God, the people of the Truckee Meadows, and those who desire to experience the love and grace of Jesus. The Rock is poised for an exciting season and continues to be a church reaching people that may have given up
on a church a long time ago.
About the Position:
The Teaching and Next Steps Pastor is commissioned by The Rock leadership team to collaborate with a plurality of leadership to oversee the vision, mission and values of the rock church and its various component ministries, i.e., Sunday Gathering and Worship,
LIFEteams, StudentRock, Kidzrock, Pebbles Preschool, and the rock Thrift Store. The Teaching and Next Steps Pastor is licensed by The Rock to teach, administer, and perform the foundational ordinances of the church: enabling people to understand accepting
Christ, performing baptisms, and leading communions.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Pastoral leadership in a church or non-profit
- Demonstrate experience, background, and longevity in ministry endeavors that match the inclusionary nature of The Rock’s Philosophy of Ministry.
- Developed a spiritual discipleship plan of people belonging to a local church and connected in spiritual community
- Proven ability for leading leaders and creating a pathway for spiritual Next Steps
- Dynamic communicator with practical life application teaching at a church of at least 300 or larger
- Genuineness - Loves people and lives a life aligned with the ministry philosophy of The Rock Church and lives out a life real, open, and genuine in their personal faith journey.
- Passionate Jesus Follower - Loves Jesus and it is evident through a life of loving people and following Jesus.
- Shepherd and Servant minded– Actively look for ways to pastorally serve citizens of The Rock.
- Strategic leader - Ability to lead and develop LifeTeam leaders and groups and create a strategic plan of Next Steps for people desiring to connect and grow
- Next Steps Guru - Constantly absorbed with thinking Next Steps and how to help people on their spiritual journey.
- Instructing– Teaching others how to use their spiritual gifts, spiritual pathways, personalities, abilities, and talents to develop unity and maturity in the church.
- Speaking/preaching– The ability to communicate to others, conveying information effectively and creatively to inspire them to “make a move” on their spiritual journey, causing grow and personally maturity.
- Planning/organizing– Ability to schedule and plan future events with sufficient detail and clarity to insure the church calendar is managed well.
- Analytical– Able to think through issues and respond in a timely fashion to insure ministry challenges are addressed in a thoughtful manner.
- Problem solving– Ability to hear all sides of an issue and come to a collaborative conclusion with members of related teams and ministries.
- Personal Development/Initiative– Be a self-starter and self-motivator, creating spiritual momentum in his/her own life.
- Time management– Ability to assess projects, priorities, and people's needs to insure time is used in both an efficient and effective manner.
- Social Media– Ability to easily use social media in a positive, affirming, and motivational light to insure The Rock is viewed favorably from a personal and professional perspective.
- Counseling – Experience in biblical counseling is a plus for this position.
- Assuring and Affirming - These personal inclusionary traits will be paramount to the position in assuringanyone can establish a relationship with Christ, and once having done
so, he/she can be affirmed in exercising his/her spiritual gifts for the benefit of maturing and growing Christ’s church.
About the Location:
A beautiful and family-oriented city of more than 92,000 residents, Sparks, Nevada, is located in the Truckee Meadows between the Carson and Virginia Mountain Ranges, less than an hour from Lake Tahoe. The city of Sparks experiences over 300 days of sunshine
and shares its beautiful valley on the eastern slope of the Sierra with its neighbor to the west, Reno. With only a short drive to world class snow skiing or the beautiful beaches of California, it is truly a haven for any outdoor enthusiast.
Since the 1990s Sparks has grown tremendously, offering residents and visitors an array of services and activities. Sparks was reported as the fastest growing city in Nevada between 1999-2008 and continues to grow. Quality of life is cited as one of the
main reasons people relocate to the Sparks area.
The Reno/Sparks metropolitan area is nestled in the High Sierra Mountains, enjoying all four seasons in natural beauty and various recreational activities year-round. Conveniently located with an international airport and a major interstate highway, Reno/Sparks
also maintains a “small town” atmosphere. The historic town of Virginia City is a mere forty-minute drive away, and world class fishing at Pyramid Lake or world renown Lake Tahoe are close by.
The region’s industrial area provides many opportunities for various businesses to open or expand their operations in western Nevada, with excellent commercial and cargo air, surface, and rail transportation at one's doorstep.
Recreation and an emerging tech industry launched Reno to No. 6 among small cities in the annual “America’s Best Cities 2018” list. The rankings are released by Resonance Consultancy, a global destination branding consulting firm with offices in New York
City and Vancouver.
The city ranked eighth in the nation among small cities for the programming and promotion categories. These include arts, culture, restaurants and shopping as well as Google search results and mentions in such platforms as Facebook, Instagram and TripAdvisor.
Reno/Sparks is an up-and-comer in the destination space, thanks in large part to changes the community has seen in the last few years, including a burgeoning foodie scene and corporate giants like Apple, Tesla, Amazon, and Switch have recently moving into
the area to provide huge financial boosts.
Home to the University of Nevada Reno and one of the most highly rated school districts in the state; the Reno/Sparks community is also honored to have several minor league sports teams, as well as a flourishing arts and culture scene. Victorian Avenue is
famous for hosting many special events including “The Rib Cook-off,” which draws the nation’s top BBQ chefs.
PLEASE APPLY HERE ----> https://vsearch.ws/2z6GAEv