The Kirk is a 1600 member, multi-site Evangelical Presbyterian Church in Tulsa, OK. We are seeking a Student Ministry Associate to join the team at our Kirk of the Hills campus in Tulsa. A qualified candidate will have a Bachelor's degree (preferably Bible,
theology or ministry) or equivalent life experience, and at least three years of experience in student ministry (volunteer roles will be considered). This person will have gifts in teaching students, developing leaders, and working with parents and other church
staff. Candidates are encouraged to read the complete job description and complete the on-line application at https://www.thekirk.com/jobs/ .
To serve the church at our Kirk of the Hills campus buy equipping and encouraging all students to live life with Christ, while facilitating middle school programming (7th-8th grade), and discipling all boys' small groups and their leaders.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
In coordination with the student ministry team, care and discipleship of students, male small groups, and small group leaders, facilitating middle school weekly programs, and teaching lessons, while organizing and preparing for annual events, meetings with
and showing up for students, caring for leaders, and improving methods of ministry.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Be a Leader
1. Work with staff, deacons and youth leaders to implement a ministry vision that is consistent with the vision of the church and contributes to the overall health and vitality of the church.
2. Grow in number and health the disciple-making opportunities for students; males in particular.
3. Implement a strategy for an outreach-focused, growing ministry.
4. Recruit, train and encourage adult male volunteers who will take ownership in and participate substantively in programs and events.
5. Recruit, train and encourage student leaders who will take leadership roles and have a vision for growing the ministry by inviting their friends.
6. Create and regularly communicate to students, parents, leaders and staff, the long-term plans for the ministry, including regular programs and special events.
7. Work with other student ministry staff on joint events.
8. Work head to manage a calendar that can be communicated effectively in advance.
1. Teach the Bible faithfully in a way that is compelling for students.
2. Create events and environments designed for students to invite students.
3. Teach students how to share their faith and give them opportunities to do it.
4. Lead students to become involved in serving within the church and community.
1. Build and maintain quality relationships with parents through regular communication, connection and counseling.
2. Create opportunities for parents to learn how to disciple their teenagers.
3. Involve parents in the ministry as much as possible.
- Attend staff meetings, training, and retreats; the work day begins at 8:30AM with staff prayer and regular attendance is required.
- Establish and manage a yearly budget for the student ministry.
- Establish and manage a record of attendance.
- Willingness to perform other duties when necessary as assigned by the Executive Director and/or pastors.