Title: Pastor of Student Ministries
Reports to: Pastor of Operations / Senior Pastor
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Creates a dynamic, powerful and energetic program that REACHES, TEACHES and RELEASES students (Junior High/High School) for Christ.
Builds, oversees and facilitates a vibrant, high energy, and creative environment, where Youth experience the influential power of Jesus Christ in contemporary and relevant life altering fashion, while encouraging a Biblical based lifestyle. By mixing the
social and the spiritual, students are involved in game changing experiences through Biblical teaching and principles that lays the foundation for a sustainable relationship with the Lord through the college years and beyond.
To recruit, train and retain Partners to serve in the Student Ministries in assisting Directors in building a program that helps students develop lifelong faith.
- Builds, facilitates and oversees a dynamic, engaging, and fun environment that fosters spiritual growth and positive social relationships for students
- Creates a strong, multifaceted ministry with dynamic programming, biblical instruction and small groups, whose success is evidenced by numerical and spiritual growth
- Recruits, develops and trains Partners to assist in the creation of teen appropriate programming which features activities and instruction for both junior and senior high school students
- Develops Policies and Procedures to incorporate and train partners to ensure a safe and secure environment for all New Venture youth to reduce any associated church liability
- Takes ownership of Elevate Student Ministries’ facility integrity, cleanliness, organization and excellence
- Consistently evaluates Programs and Partners within Elevate and ensures adequate support for all.
- Develops, plans, staffs and implements all Elevate events including Youth Church, midweek and all special events
- Develops a plan for the Youth Ministry budget and ensures all expenditures are in keeping with the budgeted plan
- Maintains the Elevate Facebook page and ensures church website Elevate section remains updated and fresh.
- Communicates consistently with parents as well as provides the tools they need for spiritual leadership.
- Coordinates and provides leadership in developing and implementing a young family outreach ministry focused on youth activities.
- Attends and participates in all New Venture staff meetings and functions
- Be the primary Biblical preacher/teacher for the Middle School or High School ministry.
- Meets with volunteers at least once a month to communicate appreciation, events, assignments, goals, etc.
- Tracks attendance and visitors in the youth ministry.
- Provides regular special events, ie. social events, mission trips, winter/summer camps, retreats, conferences geared toward the youth of New Venture.
- Develops strategies and implement methods to reach the youth “where they are”, set up meetings at their school, sporting events, etc.
- Develops a working relationship with parents and involve parents in all facets of the ministry.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Should be an outgoing and dynamic person that energizes the youth ministry
- Excellent communicator both in oral and written formats
- Should be conscious of the need for confidentiality when applicable.
- Should exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Should be a person who gives attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- Should be a self-starter, good at multitasking and prioritizing projects.
- Endorse and support the local church and its mission
- Maintain personal and spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and Christian community
- Should always exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by: a well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, be willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
- Must have Godly character to maintain holiness within the relationship with young people; friendly and fun while maintain the distinction as their Youth Pastor not their buddy.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him
- A clear calling to youth ministry
- Commitment to the mission, vision and ministry philosophy of New Venture Christian Fellowship
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Must be a member in good standing of a similar local church, with accommodating references
- Minimum 5 years experience in Youth Ministry within a local church of 500 or more.