Faith Center Foursquare Church is currently seeking the right individual who has a pastoral calling, leadership gifting, and Godly passion for the next Generation. We are a Church located in beautiful Eureka, CA, which lies on the northwest coast of California.
Please see Lonely Planet’s review of the Redwood Coast, https://www.lonelyplanet.com/best-in-us, and check out our website, eurekafaithcenter.org, to learn more about our church. With God’s blessing, a Senior Pastor Team with a deep passion for God’s work,
and a talented staff, we have seen steady growth over the last few years and on an average weekend we serve close to 1000 people on campus through three weekend services. The ministry is further expanded through our ability to live stream services through
our app and online which reaches many more people who may be unable to physically attend. Our ministries to the next generation (Children, Youth, Young Adults) have seen strong pastoral leadership and steady growth as we have engaged volunteer teams who
can meet the needs of so many families in our area. Our Tuesday night ministry to youth, “The Bridge”, averages close to 100 people each week. We are ready for what God has prepared as we continue to seek His will for our city, county, nation and worldwide.
Thank you for considering this position and please do not hesitate to give me a call or shoot me an email to ask any questions that you may have.
Faith Center Foursquare Church
- To enhance the ministries of Faith Center by serving as the Pastor for Youth (Middle and High school)
Youth Pastor - Bridge Youth Ministries (Middle and High School)
- Ensure that the Mission Statement of Faith Center – “To lead people into a thriving relationship with Jesus by gathering, growing and going in God’s love” is embodied in the Bridge Youth Ministry
- Recruit, train and empower volunteer leaders
- Establish ways to regularly appreciate volunteer leaders
- Disciple Student Leaders by overseeing youth leadership team, mentoring individual students and training leaders to do the same
- Visit local campuses and be present in the local youth community and train leaders to do the same.
- Connect with parents and conduct parent meetings as necessary
- Coordinate and oversee youth services which currently occur on Tuesday Evenings & Sunday Mornings at 9:30 and 11:00 am
- Coordinate weekly messages at youth meetings, create a speaking calendar that also empowers other leaders to speak
- Coordinate Fundraising (i.e. cupcake sales, envelope wall, fireworks, etc.) and search out local grants.
- Oversee youth events and camps/retreats
- Develop and manage the yearly budget for the Bridge Youth Ministry
- Implement safety requirements from Foursquare ‘Youth Protection Handbook’.
NEXT GEN TEAM LEADER (Children, Youth, Young Adults)
- To ensure the mission of Faith Center is being carried out on the Next Gen team.
Champion the mission of Faith Center
- To lead people into a thriving relationship with Jesus by gathering, growing and going in God’s love.
- Lead by example by completing your specific ministry position well
- Lead your team to complete their specific ministry positions well
- Meet weekly with other Team Leaders to ensure the mission is being pursued well, talk about upcoming events and church business, pray and support each other as leaders, discuss new changes that may effect staff, and discuss applicable business from Team
Leaders that needs to be addressed as a group.
Align your team to the mission of Faith Center
- Lead weekly meetings with your team to ensure that they are engaged, and engaging others, in Faith Center’s mission.
- Review, approve, and follow up on Facility and Communication requests.
- Approval and oversight for budgets within the team.
- Ensure the needs of your team are being met.
Oversee HR for your team
- Review and approve weekly schedules, time off requests, and payroll for your team.
- Oversee Mid-year and End of the Year Reviews and Goal Setting for team members.
- Ensure team members are in compliance with the Employee Manual and all Faith Center Policies and Procedures.
- Assist Executive Pastor as needed with Hiring, changes to Job Descriptions, or other HR items relating to your team.
- Must be committed to the mission and vision of Faith Center (a member, attendee and tither)
- Must be background checked and fingerprinted
- Understand the importance of equipping others to do the work of the ministry.
- A “team builder” with excellent people skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to relate to staff members, teachers, helpers, parents and students.
- A “life-long learner” – teachable and willing to attend specialized training annually.
- Will attend all staff meetings and retreats.
- Willing to help interdepartmentally with special events as needs arise.
- A “servant’s heart” and mature walk with Christ.
- Agreement to the expectations described in the staff manual.
- Will work at all church services, arriving at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the service or earlier as needed.
- A graduate of a Bible college, Bible Institute or Seminary.
- A minimum of five years of experience on a church staff.
- Licensed as a minister or in pursuit of licensure through the Foursquare Church.
SALARY: Range $40,000 - $50,000 based on experience
TO APPLY: please email a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com