OVERVEIW: We’re looking for a pastor to lead our church to minister to children in Bethel and the broader community of Chambersburg. The ideal candidate has passion for ministering
to children and parents, as well as a servant’s heart and great leadership qualities. This role requires a person who relates well with people of different ages and backgrounds, and who is committed to “Team Bethel” and consistently growing personally!
MISSION: “Helping people
G.R.O.W. in Christ and fulfill their God-given purpose!”
WORSHIP as a lifestyle - CONNECT in meaningful relationships -
locally and globally! (*Website: www.bagcburg.org )
- Oversee all children’s ministry throughout Bethel (Nursery through 5th grade).
- Recruit, develop, and deploy children’s ministry volunteers.
- Ensure the Bible teaching curriculum and communication is consistent with the doctrinal convictions of Bethel.
- Give vision, equip and train children’s ministry volunteers within the mission and vision of Bethel.
- Come prepared to weekly staff meetings to evaluate progress and to develop strategy to execute ministry goals within Bethel’s mission and vision!
- In consultation with other children’s ministry leaders and the Lead Pastor of Bethel, develop an annual budget for the children’s ministry and operate within the guidelines of that budget.
- Participate in general pastoral ministry opportunities as needed (Preaching/teaching, weddings, funerals, visiting, counseling, etc.)
- A bachelor’s degree in Bible (Children’s ministry courses preferred).
- A strong desire to teach and mentor children in biblical truth.
- A growing Christian faith and character.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A commitment to the mission and vision of Bethel.
- A sense of calling toward pastoral ministry.
- A lifestyle committed to the biblical requirements of leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2:; Titus 1:5-9)