Fellowship Bible Church in Tulsa OK [www.fbctulsa.org] is looking for their next teammate on the Family Ministries Team. This person will focus on equipping adults to serve, encouraging parents to disciple their families and will engage teenagers on a
relational level in grades 5-8.
- A minimum of 3 years of youth ministry experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Christian Education and/or Bible Studies, etc.
- A born-again believer in Jesus Christ and able to share the Gospel effectively.
- To be growing in their walk with Jesus through daily Bible study, devotions and prayer.
- Able to subscribe to and affirm the full doctrinal statement of Fellowship Bible Church.
- Agree with the Family Ministry philosophy of “Partnering with parents to encourage and equip them to be the primary disciple-makers of their families”.
- Able to relate and work well in a team environment.
- Able to relate well to 5th-8th grade students and their parents.
- Leadership and age-appropriate communication skills.
- Preferred ability to lead worship and able to read music.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and willing to put the team first and themselves second.
- Critical thinker without being critical. Receive feedback without being defensive.
- Creative problem solver; think outside the box while preserving team unity.
- Eager to learn, adaptable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
- Attend church weekly [with family, if applicable].
- A passion to learn and grow professionally.
- Nurture and coordinate teams of key leaders and volunteers.
- Facilitate/lead/direct/organize Sunday and Wednesday night environments.
- Maintain contact with families on a regular basis.
- Assist in organizing, planning and executing age-appropriate events.
- Assist in recruiting, training and retaining of volunteers.
- Willing to teach/lead/direct weekly events.
- Able to communicate God’s Word effectively to larger groups of students.
- Initiate regular contact with teens and their parents.
- Assist in organizing, planning and executing age-appropriate events and trips.
- Assist in choosing, organizing and leading mission experiences for students and families.
- Plan an active role in the Family Ministry Team through fellowship, meetings & training.
- Assist in budget and calendar planning.
- Willing to support larger Family Ministry events [3-5 each year].
- Participate in regular community service and outreach.
- To offer support in media and worship with Family Ministries.
- Relates to volunteers, families and students within the pre-teen/junior high ministry.
- Relates to the Family Ministries Team.
- Relates to the Family Ministries Pastor (direct report).