Job Description: Westgate Christian Church is seeking a Lead Minister who is both a confident speaker of God’s Word and a gifted organizational leader. This is a 50+ hour/week professional position; compensation commensurate with education
Send resume along with a recent DVD or video link of sermon to:
Westgate Christian Church, Attn: Search Team
7111 N Nine Mile Road, Spokane, WA 99208
or email to: email@example.com.
Westgate Christian Church Goals: Our vision is to make biblical disciples in a relational environments in our rapidly growing NW corner of Spokane/SW Stevens Counties. We believe within the next 5 years God will grow WCC to 250-350 in
weekly attendance with 2 services; grow from 3 Life Groups to 15+ Life groups; increase staffing from one full-time and two part-time positions to 4 FTE’s
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities of the Lead Minister will be carried out in alignment and partnership with the elders. Our intent is that the Lead Minister will give leadership and delegate responsibility as appropriate. These essential duties
and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing leadership in the following areas:
- Responsible for vision casting and the execution of WCC’s vision to make biblical disciples in relational environments through all components of ministry.
- Responsible for leading Ministry Team Leaders toward successful implementation of vision and mission of WCC.
- Oversee worship team and all facets of worship as well as continual evaluation of culture and effectiveness of worship experience.
- Responsible to have a safe, relational Children’s and Youth ministry that disciples their children, youth and volunteer leads.
- Responsible for a staff and volunteer equipping mindset and culture.
- Responsible to set key metrics to evaluate the health and intentionality of ministry.
- Meet with key staff weekly, run regular staff and volunteer meetings to assist, evaluate, and encourage staff leadership.
- Responsible for setting strategic goals, objectives and budget
- Oversee, teach and participate in membership classes, meet and greets and Biblical Education classes as scheduled.
Qualifications, Required Skills and Competencies:
- A Pastors calling; servant-leader/mentor attitude and inclination. 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4
- Performing the Ministerial duties: Preaching, Baptism, Weddings, Funerals, Communion, Teaching of Theology, Biblical and Spiritual Coaching…
- A heart for God that is evidenced by proven character and a spiritual-mindedness that understands that “apart from Christ we can do nothing.” – Abiding in Christ. John 15:1-13
- Solid biblical/theological convictions, which are aligned with Westgate Christian Church Doctrine and Statement of Faith.
- Performing Pastoral duties: Hospital visits, shepherding those in their community.
- Strong interpersonal skills—ability to communicate persuasively and compassionately, both orally and in writing.
- Strong biblical foundation for wise management of time, resources and finances in their lives.
- Able to establish and maintain appropriate standards for the accomplishment of ministry in a way that honors both God and people.
- Since we work primarily in teams at Westgate, must understand group dynamics, work on effective collaboration and consensus building for informed decision making.
- Personal initiative and diligence, which produces follow-through in tasks.
- A willingness to grow and adapt to the inevitable changes found in a local church.
Educational and Theological Requirements
The Lead Minister should preferably possess a 4-year degree from an accredited Bible College and demonstrably possess sufficient training acquired through personal mentorship and 5+ years of ministry experience. [A candidate possessing a 2-year Bible degree
in conjunction with 5+ years of ministry experience may be considered.] The Lead Minister must be committed to a biblical understanding of Christian faith and adhere to our statement of purpose as a non-denominational Christian church, as published on our
website and supporting documents.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as established to meet the ongoing needs of the ministry.