Purpose of the Job:
High-level Facilities Director to manage all aspects of facility planning for Living Waters Church and Living Waters Academy across multiple campuses. As the campuses change and expand to serve our mission, the Director will be skilled with existing and
changing facilities. Director must have expertise in all facets of facilities including strategic planning, volunteer recruiting/management, safety, project management, contract management, mechanical systems, utility management, grounds/landscaping, code
compliance, custodial, traffic/parking and construction on a multiple site campus. Knowledge of business principles, budgeting, and related processes is also required.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Minimum 7 years’ relevant experience at a single site.
- Working knowledge of regulatory agency requirements including vendors and contractors.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management ability and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills in office software, and facility management/work order systems
- Leadership/experience in managing staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Development of Facilities goals and objectives consistent with and supportive of organizational goals and objectives.
- Collaborate across campuses to ensure safe, cost-effective, operations.
- Coach, supervise and develop maintenance and custodial staff/key contractors. (This includes coordinating with Human Resources for hiring, promotions, recognition, discipline, and performance management). Plan, direct, and monitor performance objectives.
- Maintain accurate Maintenance Management System to record, and retrieve repair, maintenance, and construction activities. Ensure equipment and building systems have effective preventative maintenance.
- Work with Executive Pastor of Operations to create a master plan for repairs, renovations, and calibration in a work order system.
- Evaluate condition of facilities and compliance with health, life safety, and building codes.
- Manage compliance with federal, state, and local regulations including ADA, ISO, OSHA, EPA, Title 24, and fire codes.
- Manage utilities with a focus on efficient use of energy resources; coordinate with experts to develop plans to optimize for campus expansion. Explore technological advancements in energy management and recommend upgrades.
- Effectively manage all grounds including plant and wildlife. Increase efficiency of irrigation systems by utilizing modern controls and distribution systems.
- Accountable for security including access control codes, keys, and cameras.
- Enhance the success of capital (building) projects by coordinating with staff, appropriate local and state agencies, construction firms, architects, and others.
- Assist in the management of renovation projects including knowledge of construction management and working closely with stakeholder and construction companies.
- Build strong relationships with contracted companies assisting with the management of assets, including water treatment, HVAC, janitorial, pest control, asphalt and striping, signage, construction, landscaping, electrical, plumbing, roofing, and land development.
- Assist in preparation of facility budget and manage spending to plan
- Maintain an effective facilities team and harmonious work relations across campuses and ministries; ensure campus personnel are properly qualified and trained.
- Manage custodial cleaning program including buildings and grounds.
- Manage and plan resources for daily and long-range activities for assigned projects.
- Remain competent and current through professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses in keeping with the required skills.
III. Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Team player devoted to the LWC vision and willing to serve in any capacity needed or directed.
- Communicate with LW Leadership.
- Manage projects, organize tasks and prioritize workload.
- Keep up to date on technical skills.
- Research and maintain creative ideas and current techniques.
- Familiarity with needs in operating a church facility.
- Entrepreneurial skill, self-motivated and creative.
- Good communication skills in person, on the phone, and in written formats.
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to analyze and resolve specific problems.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. The ability to lift 50 lbs., open filing cabinets and bend or stand or climb on step ladders as necessary.
- 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday. Additional workdays or hours may be required to meet the requirements for events and programs.