Music Ministry Leader
Trinity United Methodist Church
2100 Whitehaven Road
Grand Island, NY 14072
Trinity UMC Mission Statement:
Empowered by God, Trinity Church will follow Jesus, develop disciples, and transform the world
Music Ministry Vision:
The Music Ministry plays a vital role creating an environment and opportunity for members to contribute to the praise and worship of God. The Music Ministry at Trinity consists of several groups, Senior Choir, Praise Band, Hand Bells, and Orchestra.
The role of Music Ministry Leader provides guidance to all these groups. The Music Ministry Leader will provide vision to engage these groups in creating an energizing, inviting, and inclusive worship service.
- To direct Trinity’s Senior Choir and coordinate the church’s music program, personnel, and groups.
- To supervise the paid staff of the Music Ministry
- Praise Band leader, Handbell/Orchestra Leader, Organist / Piano Accompanist, and Communications Director
- To coordinate the planning and implementation of a music ministry
- Integrate the various musical groups into Trinity UMC music ministry ( help breakdown silos )
- Part time commitment that will require up to 10 hrs / week
- Work on an ongoing basis with the Worship Team and Pastor, to maintain a 3 month running plan for music selections for the various music groups
- To meet frequently with leaders of Praise Band and Handbells / Orchestra to coordinate musical selections during 10 am worship service
- Direct the Senior Choir each week
- Oversee musical selections for all groups presenting at each worship service
- If needed, assist the praise band by performing with them instrumentally and or vocally.
- Conduct weekly rehearsals for senior choir.
- Assist the other musical groups when needed due to the absence of the regular leader
- Other groups are Handbells, Orchestra, and Praise Band
- Periodically visit rehearsals of the other musical groups. Be supportive and helpful to the leaders
- Strong Christian spirit, fully supportive of United Methodist theology
- Good people skills
- Knowledge of Modern Christian music
- Music training essential. BA/BS in Music preferred
- Ability to direct musical groups
- Ideally, experience with Praise music, instrumental music, and hand bells
Commensurate with experience, final job scope, and weekly time commitment. Salary will be indexed to estimated weekly time commitment at a rate of $25/hr.
Direct reply to:
Larry A. Fetzer, Chair of Staff Parish Relations Committee