Sound like you?
- You’re interested in reaching one of America’s largest cities—and you’re bold enough to ask God to make you dangerous doing it. Maybe you need to jump into the CENTER of San Diego.
- You believe the Light of the World should always walk toward the biggest darkness it can find and fire up the flood lights. Maybe you’re on your way to the CENTER of San Diego.
- You love sun, ceviche, 75 and fair and the sounds of America’s Finest Downtown. Sounds an awful lot like the CENTER of San Diego.
What’s our deal?
“Christ at the CENTER of me. Me at the CENTER of His City.”
That’s our mission. That’s our jam: Jesus as our number one priority. And then we walk out our mission for Him where we live and work and play—right in the center of downtown San Diego.
We are smack in the center of the youngest demographic neighborhood in the city, brimming with kids and families. And right now, we’re looking to add a part-time Children's Ministry Coordinator to join our leadership team, and an already thriving kids ministry.
Here’s some detail:
The Children's Ministry Coordinator at Center Church will:
- Work with the leadership team and children's ministry staff to architect engaging children’s experiences that catapult them into passionate pursuit of Jesus.
- Create engaging, purpose-filled experiences for kids of rich cultural and economic diversity in a growing, urban church.
- Execute unforgettable, “I-Can’t-Believe-They-Just-Did-That-In-Church” moments and events that impact the City, making the hope of Jesus impossible to ignore.
The Children's Ministry Coordinator at Center Church:
- Loves big: Your heart for the people Jesus died for trumps every other agenda. God is first, others second. And you come third. (Matthew 22:35-40 NIV)
- Talks like San Diego: You “get” Southern California culture. You probably speak Spanish. And you definitely communicate in a way that makes sense to kids living in the ethnically, socio-economically diverse urban core of America’s Finest
City. (Luke 14:23 CEB)
- Exudes a Can-Do Attitude: Your attitude is positive, servant-motivated and contagious to others. We don’t do Eeyores. We have a word for poopy-pants attitudes. We just don’t use it in polite company. (Colossians 3:23-24 NIV)
- Inspires People: The way you tackle life makes kids want to get off the bench and get in the game with you. And you believe you are made better when you help other people win. (Hebrews 10:24-25 MSG)
- Dares Greatly: You pray not that God make you safe, but that He make you dangerous for Him. You play offense, not defense. You hustle hard, pray harder and if necessary, fail forward to see Jesus made famous through your effort. (Joshua
- Takes God REALLY seriously: You’re all about Jesus and the on-going, heart-expanding, faith-stretching work He wants to do in you and through you to the kids and families you come in contact with.
- Doesn’t take THEMSELVES seriously: You’re not that big of a deal. And you’re willing to laugh about it just to prove the point. We’re just committed to laughter and lighthearted ribbing, while refusing to cut one another down or stoop to
- Is the player you WANT on the bus: Let’s be honest: Doesn’t really matter how great a player somebody is if they’re a pain in the butt on the bus. We dig ministry excellence, but at the end of the day, we want to enjoy the road trip while
we’re at it.
- Coordination of Center Kids ministries to create maximum impact in downtown San Diego for the global glory of God.
- Help recruit and organize volunteers to serve, involving as many people as possible, in as many various roles as possible--creating an ethos of ministry ownership across the board.
- Connect regularly with volunteer leaders and build a kids ministry that helps children know God, find freedom, discover purpose and make a difference in their world.
- GREAT in front of kids--and eager to bring leadership energy and vitality to the weekend experience.
- A spiritual self-feeder who is growing a vibrant relationship with Jesus and along with faith-building friendships, modeling a passion for God and for people.
- Loyalty and integrity, actively promoting the unity of the church and its leadership.
- Personal inviter and bringer to Center Church.
- Team builder and leader developer.
- People magnet.
- Problem solver who self-starts and drives answers to key questions.
- Creative thinking, refining the excellence of what we present to kdis with a hip vibe.
- Radiates Center Church ministry culture, helping other leaders to do the same.
What do you do now?
We want four things from you:
1. Your resume (make sure you include your educational and vocational background, and how that background screams, “THIS IS MY GIG.”).
2. Photo (Bonus points if you shoot us your Facebook/IG handles).
3. Send us any links to you leading in a live setting.
4. The last great book you read. (OK, we don’t actually care about number four. We just thought we’d creep your most recent purchase. We’re always snooping for good material.)