This position will provide pastoral ministry to the middle school and high school students of Grace Church and work to reach students of those ages in our community.
The Youth Ministry of Grace Church will align with our mission to make disciples following our Core Values:
Gospel Centered - The Pastor will teach and model the Gospel to the students. The emphasis of the ministry will be the proclamation and demonstration of the Gospel.
Relationally Connected - The Pastor will lead a ministry environment that fosters healthy relationships between students, leaders, and parents.
Authentic Worship - The Pastor will ensure that age-appropriate corporate worship is a part of the ministry (when applicable). Moreover, he will help develop in the students a heart of worship in all areas of life, while honoring the unique
makeup of each person.
Compassion Driven - The Pastor will strive to model and develop in the students a spirit of compassion to those in need, to love their neighbors, and to be kind to outsiders.
Externally Focused - The Pastor will initiate opportunities to encourage the students to take the mission outside of our church walls.
SHEPHERDING AND CARE:
- Provide spiritual and pastoral care to students
- Ensure a safe environment for all participants, including those with special needs or emotional concerns
- Communicate effectively with parents and students
- Define and protect healthy boundaries for self, students, and leaders
- Integrate students into church life and prepare them for continued church involvement after graduation
- Develop ministry leaders, in accordance with Ephesians 4:12. Recruit, train, and delegate to leaders so the ministry can multiply
- Oversee the planning and execution of a multi-campus ministry strategy
- Provide monthly ministry updates to the Elders and quarterly updates to the congregation
- General Pastoral duties including hospital visits, crisis care, and officiating weddings and funerals as needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTER:
- Must meet the qualifications of Elder from 1 Timothy and Titus
- Must have an active, growing, and healthy relationship with the Lord
- Must agree to and represent the Mission, Vision, and Values of Grace Church
- Must be credentialed with the EFCA, or be pursuing credentialing
- A Master of Divinity is preferred, or commensurate experience in ministry
- The Youth Pastor reports directly to the Senior Pastor
- Any youth support staff or interns report directly to the Youth Pastor
All applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and sampes of teaching to
firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30th