Responsibilities: Have primary responsibility for the teaching biblical doctrines of this church and equipping God’s people for ministry.
A. Pastoral duties
1) Preach and teach the Word of God regularly and competently.
2) Have overall responsibility for the public worship services.
3) Administer the ordinances.
4) Function as a member of the Board of Directors.
5) Provide general pastoral care, tenderly watching over the membership and spiritual interest of the Church.
B. Leadership duties
1) Provide overall vision and leadership to CCP.
2) Work with the Board of Directors to organize and develop the ministry of CCP.
3) Provide leadership for the overall church ministry.
4) Provide overall leadership for the various ministry teams.
5) Oversee the development and implementation of ministry objectives.
6) Develop leaders.
C. Management duties
1) Supervise ministry staff.
2) Supervise church administrator and other support staff.
D. Outside Church duties
1) Represent the church to the community.
2) Provide ministry to the broader body of Jesus Christ.
4. Accountability: The Lead Pastor is accountable to the Elder Board.
Calvary Church of the Pacific is located in the suburbs of Honolulu, HI, associated with Converge Worldwide. Started in 1973 it has a loving congregation of some 95 people per Sunday with a wide variety of families with children as well as older believers.
We have a part-time Administrative Assistant and a part-time Worship Leader. We are located on one acre of property with ample parking and a three-story building. The church currently has an intentional interim that is helping us make a transition to the
next long-term pastor.