Mission: Sincere Acceptance…. Prove It!
Vision: Christ so BIG he can embrace all your friends! (2 Corinthians 5:19)
So much LIFE you want to give it away! (Acts 1:8)
People so LOVING they can change the world! (Luke 6:35)
Strategy: Celebrate. Connect. Serve.
Primary Purpose: Lead the ALC Kids ministry through vision casting, partnering with families, equipping others. Manage the nursery,
preschool and elementary areas during Weekend Gatherings.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee and lead ALC Kids Team
- Oversee budget for ALC under Executive Director’s guidelines
- Oversee Nursery, Preschool and Elementary curriculum
- Oversee operation of weekend services in ALC Kids; training new volunteers, managing the schedule for weekend services; supporting and equipping volunteers
- Follow through with all Policies and Procedures
- Managing safety and security protocol to provide a safe environment
- Equip parents to be the primary discipler of their kids
- Be intentional in developing relationships with parents, children and volunteer team
- Meet with Team Leaders 1/month for Spiritual Care/Team building/Leadership coaching
- Identify and develop Leaders
- Oversee recruitment of new leaders in ALC Kids & equip these leaders
- Monitor overall and spiritual health of the team
- Continuing education in areas of leadership, children and families
- Continue working on Self Spiritual Growth
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Spiritual Gifts: Leadership, administration, shepherding, encouragement
- Builds Relationships: Uses appropriate interpersonal skills to work effectively with others in the church and in the community; interacts with others in a personable, honest, genuine, and collaborative manner; builds coalitions and partnerships to enhance
- Communication: Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback. Keeps others informed
as appropriate. Demonstrates good written, oral, and listening skills
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole
team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Planning and Organizing: Establishes appropriate procedures to complete work efficiently and effectively.
- Education & Leader Development: Know the foundations of Christian education pertaining to teaching children. Shows competency in developing lay leaders and staff.
1. A strong leader, decision maker: organized and efficient, yet flexible; can plan and adapt equally.
2. To exhibit a growing passion to serve.
3. Supports the mission and values of ALC.
4. Has influence and ability to move large groups in the same direction; is able to manage teams of people in a fair and professional way; the ability to build.
5. Value our team. Adhere to ALC’s personnel policy, including:
- Have a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors and co- workers.
- Regular attendance at worship services and availability to the congregation before and after services as duties allow.
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity.
- Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Maintains flexible working hours as determined by the needs of the ministry.
- Stay current with trends and growth using available resources.
- Supports Vision Board, Lead Pastor, and Executive Staff.
6. Work with paid and unpaid staff (volunteers) necessary to accomplish the mission of ALC. Regularly interacts with ALC attenders and volunteers.
7. Pursue a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ through the regular practice of spiritual disciplines, including prayer, Bible study, and worship.
8. Be reliable, take initiative and to be self-motivated.
9. Any duties deemed necessary by supervisor.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to move around a rather large building. Sometimes needing to carry supplies or push carts.
- Position requires a lot of bending, sitting on the floor, carrying small children.
- Must be able to work weekends, including Sundays.
This job description is a summary and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Team Member.
All applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.
Job Type: Full-time