Metro Life Church is actively seeking a team member for the following position:
Maintenance Technician, Miami, FL
Part-time hourly, about 20 hours per week
Working with the Administrative Director, the Maintenance Technician allows Metro Life Church to continually steward their resources by taking care of the buildings, equipment and landscape.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Good organizational and planning skills and an ability to delegate to other employees and volunteers.
- Available and on call on a 24-hour, seven day a week basis for emergencies.
- Ability to communicate with staff and volunteers on facility needs and uses.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds and to have complete mobility in building and grounds activities.
- Ability to perform maintenance tasks such as carpentry, painting, plumbing and electrical repairs to ensure that the building is properly maintained.
- Ability to clean and repair building fixtures including lights, locks, windows, doors, screens, walls, floors, gutters and drains.
- Manage the facilities; keep clean, attractive and well maintained, inside and out.
- Maintain attractive grounds by supervising, performing and/or coordinating basic organization and care of lawn, flowerbeds, and building perimeter.
- Perform minor repairs and handy work, including but not limited to masonry, electrical systems and plumbing, tools and equipment care.
- Initiate, coordinate, supervise and/or otherwise be aware of any and all events, activities, repairs, inspections, maintenance, handy-work, contractor-work or improvements being made to the facilities. Ensure that any such work is done in order and with
cleanliness and church schedule in mind.
- Set up and take down the sanctuary and rooms as needed for classes and meetings (includes chairs, tables, furniture, etc)
- Negotiate on needs assessment, finance and scheduling issues with contractors when maintenance and repair services are needed.
- Perform other janitorial, maintenance and/or facilities tasks and responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- Coordinates open and close of facilities for volunteer teams who are cleaning the facilities.
- Emergency Response:
- Will be responsible for responding to phone call from Alarm monitoring company and will be asked to arrive at church campus to inspect and report to church staff team condition of facilities post incident.
- Organize & implement temporary repairs
- Arranging for furniture, equipment or debris to be removed from the parking lot, and other maintenance duties.
- Coordinate and arrange for installation of hurricane shutters if a Category 1 hurricane is reported as imminent threat to South Florida and/or an official “Hurricane Warning” is issued by the weather service for our area.
- Team Building:
- Manage and maintain a vibrant group of volunteers and/or part-time help to ensure all job responsibilities and duties are completed including ongoing facilities needs for clean-up, up-keep, set-up, breakdown, etc.
- Coordinate, schedule and supervise maintenance assistance from volunteer groups (i.e. Miami Rescue Mission) and occasional community service participants approved by staff.
- There will be instances & projects that this position will have to coordinate across campuses. Building Administrator will help coordinate and outline time spent on both campuses.
Successful candidates will have:
- Energy and pride in keeping the Church clean and presentable.
- Capability of carrying out the required activities & at least 40lbs.
- Flexibility in availability to accommodate the schedule of Church events and activities
- Ability to be a self-starter, to get projects done and go above and beyond
- A mentality of excellence in all areas
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit references, background check authorization and other documentation.