Mt. Carmel Baptist Church of Cross Plains, TN is seeking a full-time Associate Pastor to give leadership to student ministry and worship ministry, as well as partnering in general pastoral ministry with the Senior Pastor and staff.
We’re looking for a committed Christian leader with a passion for discipling young people with the gospel as well as a musically-gifted, spiritually-mature, biblically-grounded Christian to lead all worship ministries at our church under the direction of
our Senior Pastor. The ideal candidate is an experienced minister who can relate well with students, parents, and adult volunteers and has experience leading worship at a similar-sized church and experience shepherding worship teams. This role will require
a candidate with demonstrated experience equipping students for ministry.
• Lead the church’s efforts to minister with and to students between ages 11 to 18.
• Reach out to unchurched students in the community, engage them with the gospel, and involve them in the work of the church.
• Recruit, develop, and deploy new volunteers for the church’s student ministry.
• In consultation with other student leaders and senior church leadership, develop an annual budget for the student ministry and operate within the constraints of that budget.
• Develop a teaching plan for the year that takes into consideration the full counsel of God’s Word
and the spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental needs of the students in our community.
• Regularly teach the Bible to the students with conviction, compassion, and care.
• Lead efforts to minister to the parenting needs of the church body.
• Participate in general pastoral duties as needed (weddings, funerals, counseling, etc.).
• Establish a long-term vision for how the church engages students.
• Be available to preach and teach the Bible in adult worship services when asked.
• Develop and execute a strategic plan for the student ministry.
• Regularly report to the church’s leadership about developments in the student ministry.
• Oversee all summer camping activities the church’s students participate in.
• Regularly lead the students in short-term mission experiences.
• Work with other church leaders to find ministry opportunities for students in the broader church family.
• Participate in all staff meetings.
• Puts in office time to accomplish ministry goals and personal discipleship.
• Work with the Senior Pastor to plan the worship services.
• Lead the musical portion of worship services.
• Lead all music ministries in the church.
• Develop a process to regularly identify and deploy new volunteers in the church’s worship ministry.
• Shepherd, train, manage, and care for the volunteer worship teams.
• Develop an annual worship ministry budget and be able to work within that budget.
• Look for ways to inspire non-musical worship experiences for the church body.
• Oversee the church’s worship tech ministry.
• Work with students and children’s ministry leaders to find worship leaders for age-graded worship experiences within the church.
• Oversee the maintenance of all musical instruments and technology owned by the church.
• Takes the initiative in recommending and implementing actions that fulfill the vision and mission of MCBC.
• Assists with maintaining a "high touch" ministry to include: hospital calling as needed and react promptly to emergency/crisis situations.
• Greets people in worship center before and after worship services.
• Places emails, phone calls, and communicates as needed.
• Carry out other assigned duties from the Lead Pastor to complete the team approach concept.
• A growing Christian faith and character.
• A commitment to the mission of the church.
• A calling to pastoral ministry.
• A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).
• Bachelor’s degree. Some formal training in music (and specifically church music) is preferred.
• At least 5 years’ experience ministering to students and shepherding student ministry volunteers.
• 2 years’ experience leading worship in a similar church setting.
• A desire to teach and mentor students in biblical truth.
• Significant skill as a vocalist and instrumentalist.
• Broad knowledge of Christian worship music across multiple styles and generational tastes.
• Should be proficient in reading music.
• Should have experience leading and managing teams.
• Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
• Ability to pass a background check.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Total compensation package: $45,000.00.
To apply please send Resume, Statement of Faith & Philosophy of Ministry, and video links for leading student ministry and leading worship.