Position Objective: To provide pastoral leadership to the worship ministries of The Journey North (TJN).
Position Description: The worship pastor will be the “producer” of each worship service and special programs. Although the lead pastor is the “director” in terms of setting the theme and overall direction, the worship pastor will oversee
and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses. The worship pastor must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The worship pastor is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join
in the pursuit of that vision. This position is a pastoral one that therefore requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical or performing arts director but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry.
As a multi-campus church the worship pastor will set the musical direction for both sites and work with the worship pastor at the other site to ensure we are one church in two locations.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Commitment to moral purity.
- Commitment to the Vision, and worship philosophy of TJN.
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader, i.e. has grown a music ministry over the past few year?
- A pastor as well as a musician (does not mean ordained).
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a large church in worship.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship (i.e. ProPresenter, Church Community Builder and Planning Center). Also, be versed in the use of sound, lighting, computers and video projection.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- A self-starter
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession, and fellowship.
- Spend time developing relationships with lost people so as to be personally effective in pursuing the Great Commission and helping TJN to do the same.
- Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship areas of TJN.
- Plan the corporate worship services of TJN in consultation with the Lead Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the
theme for the day. Oversee song selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists and vocalists.
- Serve as lead worshiper in all worship services at the campus you are leading.
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services.
- Provide pastoral care for the worship teams.
- Develop and oversee a worship for Student Ministry and Celebrate Recovery.
- Introduce our worship teams to worship training provided by other ministries, books, and conferences.
- Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers.
- Set annual SMART goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
NOTE: Applicant must include link(s) to video in the cover letter.