Position Description: Children’s Ministry Director
Real Life Christian Church
The role of the Children’s Ministry Director (CMD) is to increase the love of Jesus and build a solid faith foundation within the children and families of Real Life Christian Church (RLCC). The CMD will lead all aspects of children nursery – 5th
grade by producing engaging and dynamic environments and events that will reach and equip those currently attending as well as those within our community. This will require a full grasp of beliefs, values and strategy of RLCC and the ability to align with
its mission, vision and values.
- This person must demonstrate an ability to shepherd people and develop leaders as they will lead a large, high level volunteer team.
- Individual needs to be a dreamer who continually evaluates their ministry - seeking to create the environment to help children experience and live for Jesus.
- The CMD must possess a drive to create the best Children’s Ministry available.
This individual must demonstrate a shepherd’s heart for people and model biblical priorities by being committed to:
- Spending regular time in God’s Word and prayer.
- Faithfully supporting the ministry of RLCC by giving regularly.
- Must demonstrate spiritual maturity and a growing relationship with Jesus.
- Displays a balance of humility and drive to build God’s kingdom.
- Lead all aspects pertaining to Children’s Ministry (Nursery – 5th Grade)
- Create and maintain an excellent facility for children.
- Ensure all current attendees and guests have an excellent service experience by feeling cared for, welcomed and informed as to what to expect.
- Ensure every area regarding safety including check-in, pick up, and every other area is of the highest child safety protocol.
- Develop and grow additional children’s worker volunteer base.
- Create, plan and evaluate parent involvement in children’s faith journey seeking ways to elevate faith discussion and growth together.
- Locate and Administer the most age appropriate curriculum for each group Nursery – 5th grade.
- Demonstrate ability to evaluate effectiveness of plans and events to determine whether they should be done again, modified or canceled.
- Create and operate local events that prove to be effective to increase our children’s faith journey and engaging the community around us.
- Demonstrate intentional plans to grow new and existing volunteers in the areas of leadership development, personal/spiritual growth and with general children’s ministry practices.
- Availability to travel to children’s camps and staff conferences
- Care for volunteers by sending notes of encouragement and hosting an event(s) or conducting some act of individual appreciation to express gratitude for their efforts.
- All other duties assigned by Lead Pastor and Executive Director
- Full alignment in the belief statement of RLCC
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Teachable and team-oriented spirit
- Must possess a desire to oversee people with love and encouragement in order to develop their leaders
- Needs to be a self-starter
- Strong pulse on current Children’s Ministry offerings/ideas
- Gift of motivating people in order to raise up, train and encourage new leaders
- Energetic, creative and able to demonstrate ability to follow through on responsibilities
- Passionate about Jesus. Shares what God is revealing to him/her.
- Likable and highly relational
- Proven ministry experience a plus
Reports to Lead Pastor and Executive Director