Parkside Church is a growing, vibrant church with a weekly attendance between 400-450. Our passion is to see lives radically transformed by the Gospel. We have a non-traditional leadership model designed around a Leadership Team rather than an individual. We
are non-denominational, but retain affiliation with the Conservative Baptist Association. Parkside is a multi-generational church and enjoins a diverse congregation.
Parkside Church is located in Camp Verde, Arizona. A quiet, safe place in central Arizona to raise your children with a small town atmosphere and a relaxed way of life. Our community has a population of about 11,000 people, an elevation of 3200 feet and is
located in the center of Arizona. We're about 1 1/2 hours north of Phoenix. Additionally, we have wide-open spaces, the Verde river, a mild 4-season climate and panoramic views from the vistas above our valley.
The vision of Parkside church is to inspire Christ-centered, Gospel-driven living through the transforming experience of biblical: Worship, Discipleship and Community.
Position Summary: Work with senior leadership and volunteer staff to develop and carry out the ministry of worship according to the articulated and approved vision and mission of the church.
Reports to: Elder Team
Full Time: Negotiable
Works with: Pastoral Team, Elder Team, staff, ministry volunteers, and guest speakers.
Supervises: Worship ministry and technology team leaders and ministry volunteers
Supervises all Sunday morning activities in auditorium.
- Articulate vision and values for the ministry of music and worship that is consistent with the Parkside’s vision.
- Plans with the pastoral/ministry team to plan and schedule the worship and teaching emphasis for the Sunday worship services.
- Maintain current position descriptions for each role necessary to carry out the ministry of worship.
- Recruit, develop and give direction to a team of volunteers and leaders that carries out the ministry of the arts and technology for the various gatherings of Parkside Church
- Ensure appropriate stage leadership is provided for worship services
- Identify, produce and prepare materials, media, and other content and resources needed for the worship ministry
- Oversee the specifications, purchase, troubleshooting and maintenance of technological equipment needed to carry out the ministry of worship in a manner appropriate to the contemporary local context (stage lighting, computer, media, video, sound, auditorium
- Oversee the development of the worship facility and technology resources to support changing ministry needs.
- Assist other ministries in selecting technology equipment as needed
- Build intentional relationships with worship volunteers outside of Sundays and practices.
- Attend weekly staff meeting
- Participate in monthly leadership team meetings
- Contact people indicating decision or need on contact cards from Sunday morning as needed.
- Facilitate meaningful worship services designed to integrate elements thematically and impact people holistically
- Professional level operation of technology equipment each week
- Professional level music presentations during worship services each week
- Effective worship direction from the stage
- Develop a growing and cohesive team of capable and enthusiastic participants in worship and technology ministries
- Develop a growing team of leaders that take on progressively larger roles of ministry in the worship ministry.
- Develop multiple worship leaders available to lead worship on Sundays
- Develop a growing library of music that is contemporary in style and contains significant doctrinal content, expressing a variety of responses to the Gospel
- Foster an environment of continual improvement in the skill of personnel and the refinement of musical content available for the team to use
- Maintain written standards for executing technology roles
- Upgrade tech as feasible to enhance the message of worship and the Word.
- Utilize various art forms and media formats as it serves to enhance a particular message
- The ability to lead others in worship and the ability to equip others in this skill
- Ability to work effectively with musicians and help them engage worship leadership for the glory of God
- Ability to write chord charts, lead sheets, and utilize church planning software as necessary to facilitate team preparedness
- Ability to rehearse and prepare amateur and professional musicians in a worship ensemble
- Ability to research and understand technology equipment function, installation and maintenance
- Ability to plan and program team endeavors and activities