Elevate Church is a large, non-denominational, ARC church plant in Erie, PA that exists to see people far from God reach their full potential in Jesus. At Elevate, we desire to take people on a journey to know God, find freedom, discover purpose, and make
a difference. In our first six years, Elevate has grown to see 1500 attenders each week and is getting ready to launch our second location in the fall of 2018.
The Student Ministries Coordinator provides support and spiritual leadership for Elevate’s ministry to Middle and High School Students and their families. They partner with the Lead Pastor and Student Ministry Team to create an exciting, fun, challenging and
growing ministry that engages all students. The Coordinator will oversee volunteer management, trips/events, student small groups, and monthly House Parties.
They should lead by example and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family. They should represent Christ and His church well in the community and beyond. They should be a humble and teachable team player and follow the biblical model of sacrifice
by being willing to put the needs of others in front of their own. In all of their actions, they should be positive and supportive of the Core Values and the Vision of Elevate Church.
As with any position at Elevate, each staff member is part of a team, which means we all pull together during crisis times, special events, and when visible projects need done. Duties for this job could change at anytime.
Volunteer Team Management
- Enlist, equip, and empower a team of volunteers to own and lead the Student Ministry of Elevate Church.
- Process all volunteer applications and determine appropriate fit in which to serve.
- Oversee all onboarding for new volunteers.
- Assist in volunteer team trainings.
- Be a primary communication point with volunteers throughout their time of service.
- Partner with the Lead Pastor to execute an annual calendar of events for the Student Ministry.
- Invest in ongoing large and small group environments, mission trips, retreats, and outreach events.
- Oversee all logistics for trips and events.
- Oversee and update student ministry website.
- Administrative duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
House Party Programming
- Oversee and produce the front-end of the monthly House Parties.
- Emcee House Parties, including announcements, games, etc...
- Serve on a teaching team for the student ministry.
Role Model in Personal Life
- Model biblical community in his relationships (Matt 5:23-24, Matt 18:15-17, Eph 4:25-32).
- Model biblical family life before the body (Eph 5:22-6:4).
- Model biblical integrity in all things (1 Tim 6:11-12).
- 3 – 5 years of practical ministry experience.
- Experience leading a student ministry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an area of concentration that has equipped him/her for vocational ministry, preferred.
Important skills/personal traits
- Naturally gifted to be detail oriented.
- Teachable with a willing spirit to learn.
- Socially poised and confident, able to speak to large and small groups.
*Any qualified candidate must align with the vision, core values, and doctrinal statement of Elevate Church.
Applicants should email their resume to email@example.com along with references.