Elevate Church is a large, non-denominational, ARC church plant in Erie, PA that exists to see people far from God reach their full potential in Jesus. At Elevate, we desire to take people on a journey to know God, find freedom, discover purpose, and make
a difference. In our first six years, Elevate has grown to see 1500 attenders each week and is getting ready to launch our second location in the fall of 2018.
The Worship Pastor will point people towards Jesus through the medium of art and music by overseeing the vision, planning, execution and overall quality of the worship experiences along with and under the leadership of the Lead Pastor. The successful candidate
will be responsible for leading, developing, and facilitating engaging and meaningful Jesus-centered worship experiences throughout the two campuses of Elevate Church. The Worship Leader / Pastor must have proven experience building teams as well as pastoring
and developing volunteers. They must be able to serve in a dynamic, multi-generational, and increasingly multi-ethnic congregational setting that represents the mission, vision, and interests of Elevate Church and its culture of worship.
They will lead by example, and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family. They will represent Christ and His church well in the community and beyond. They will be a humble and teachable team player and follow the biblical model of sacrifice
by being willing to put the needs of others in front of their own. In all of their actions, they should be positive and supportive of the Core Values and the Vision of Elevate Church.
As with any position at Elevate, each staff member is part of a team, which means we all pull together during crisis times, special events, and when visible projects need done. Duties for this job could change at anytime.
- Assist in Worship Development & Culture.
- Assist in development of other worship leaders.
- Assist in development of band director and instrumentalists.
- Lead worship on the weekends at the central campus and rotating to other sites as needed.
Staff and Volunteer Development
- Recruit, develop, schedule and lead volunteers.
- Oversee and ensure proper on-boarding of all new team members.
- Assist in weekly service programming.
- Creatively work in conjunction with the Lead Pastor to create engaging worship experiences.
Role Model in Personal Life:
- Model the qualifications of an elder (1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Model biblical community in his relationships (Matt 5:23-24, Matt 18:15-17, Eph 4:25-32).
- Model biblical family life before the body (Eph 5:22-6:4).
- Model biblical integrity in all things (1 Tim 6:11-12).
- Must have 5 years experience in ministry, in a church larger than 1500 members.
- Proficient understanding of scripture.
- Be musically proficient (have an understanding of basic music theory) and be able to lead vocally.
- Have the ability to coach and lead a band.
- Be proficient in Planning Center and Pro Presenter.
- Be knowledgeable in Ableton.
Important skills/personal traits
- Have the ability to communicate, lead and engage with the church from a stage setting.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently, while also being able to function cooperatively as a member of a team.
*Any qualified candidate must align with the vision, core values, and doctrinal statement of Elevate Church.
Applicants should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with references.
Worship applicants must also provide links to video samples of leading worship.