Parkview’s Student Ministries Pastor will lead Junior High and High School students to extend the hope and healing power of the Gospel by cultivating a gospel-centered, disciple-making movement that reaches out to seekers, builds up believers, equips workers,
and unleashes multipliers throughout the Iowa City, Coralville, and North Liberty areas.
- 3-5 years minimum of youth ministry experience
- Must have a seminary degree or equivalent and be astute in discerning theology and youth culture
General Staff Responsibilities
- Demonstrate the qualifications of a spiritual leader as stated in I Timothy 3:1-7 and be of strong character
- Live out the mission and vision of Parkview, in accordance with the EFCA Statement of Faith
- Establish and maintain healthy relationships with the Parkview staff team and elders
- Balance ministry and family responsibilities, demonstrating the ability to shepherd and serve his wife and kids (if applicable)
- Contribute to staff meetings
- Serve the needs of other pastors and ministry areas as needed
- Understands and has a proven track record in creating and sustaining a disciple-making student ministry.
- Is able to create and sustain a team atmosphere among staff and volunteers.
- Is a visionary leader able to mobilize students and leaders into a disciple-making ministry that influences the city.
- Possesses strong communication skills and is effective in communicating in large and small group contexts. Is able to connect with students and parents, both churched and unchurched.
- Maintains a strong desire to connect students to the life of the local church.
- Oversee weekly programming
- Oversee camps, retreats, trips, and mission opportunities for students
- Leadership Development- Oversee Junior High and High School staff, interns, and student leaders
- Oversee equipping of parents- Equip parents of Junior High and High School students to disciple their children