Highland Park Baptist Church is a Multi-Cultural, Multi-Generational Church that is committed to worshiping God, growing disciples, and being a part of seeing the gospel transform the world. WORSHIP-GROW-GO.
TITLE: Communication/Creative Director
PURPOSE: To develop and implement an effective communication strategy that supports and promotes the HPBC community. This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day operations, workflow and project prioritization of church-wide communications. They
will work closely with church leadership and staff to provide a consistent and professional message.
JOB SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work with volunteers, staff and leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, graphic design or a related field.
- 5+ years of graphic design, web, mobile/social and multi-media platform experience.
- Become a member of HPBC as part of our leadership team.
- Unify all church wide communication in a consistent and simplified manner, developing and promoting our HPBC Brand.
- Work closely with ministry leadership team to develop and implement effective communication strategies.
- Strive to increase HPBC’s visibility/footprint with our local community.
- Develop and empower a team of volunteers to support this roles function.
- Develop and distribute all digital and printed materials church wide.
- Responsible for ministry wide marketing/promotions.
- Responsible for social media communication.
- Responsible for managing and continually improving HPBC’s website.
- Responsible for managing and or outsourcing short videos on a limited basis for promotional purposes.
- Responsible for overseeing HPBC’s Sunday Bulletin.
- Perform other duties as requested. Take an active role as part of the ministry leadership team, participating in activities/needs outside the scope of your ministry.
- A self-starter who is driven, focused and can set a clear vision for churchwide communication.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills, able to work well with others.
- Ministry minded, with a heart to serve the Lord and His people.
- Strong marketing background, experienced with multiple mediums and communication channels.
- Experienced with multimedia, social media and graphics along with a good understanding of video production.
- Experienced in working with volunteers of all ages, ethnicities and backgrounds.
- Exceptional written and communication skills.
- Fiscally responsible as a faithful steward of all available resources.
- Maintain a vital walk with the Lord through committed personal Bible study and prayer.
- Maintain proper spiritual priorities, including care for your family.
- Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church. ?
- Faithfully support the ministries of the church through the stewardship of spiritual gifts, finances and free time. ?
- Participate in the overall life of the church, setting an example of servant leadership that spreads beyond your areas of ministry responsibility to the broader body of the church. ?
- Send email through church staffing
- Include a resume/CV, and cover letter of why you would potentially be a fit at HPBC
- Please do not call or send emails through the church website