Located in Raleigh, North Carolina, Grace Community Church began in 2000 and became Grace Raleigh in January of 2018. Over the past 17 years we have seen God do some incredible things in and through our church, but we are hopeful that the best is yet to
come. After bringing on a new Senior Pastor in April of last year, we have seen 63% growth in our Sunday morning attendance and continue to grow! We have also solidified our staff team and believe the Director of Student Ministries to be the final piece
of our puzzle. We are looking for the right person to round out the team!
About the Position:
The Director of Student Ministries will oversee both the Middle and High School ministries at Grace Raleigh. The mission of the church is to Love Jesus, Love Our Neighbor, and Live Faithfully. The Director will lead the students in such a way that they
are discipled and compelled to live out this vision in their schools and various communities. This leader will strengthen and grow an already healthy team of volunteers, plan and coordinate both a middle school and high school monthly service and weekly groups,
plan and lead summer camps and mission trips, and work alongside the Children’s Ministry Director and Senior Pastor to instill a culture of discipleship in the families of Grace.
Our hope is that the position will grow along with the church and who we hire now will become a central part of staff and leadership in the years to come.
Success in this role will be measured in the following ways:
- Health and growth of weekly student gatherings
- Development of a presence in the community through attending events at local middle and high schools
- Unchurched students coming to faith and churched students experiencing a deepening of their faith
- Growth in the volunteer teams surrounding the Student Ministry
- A greater student presence in the Sunday morning service
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working or volunteering with students is required. Preference will be given to those who have soley-led student ministries previously or have served as interns in a large, thriving student ministry.
- Must be a “people-gatherer” and capable of relating to adult teams of volunteers as well as students
- Must be comfortable and confident on stage
- Capable of teaching the Bible in a compelling, compassionate and engaging way
- The most successful candidate will have a fire to reach students and know how to have a blast doing it
- Candidate must be awesome. We have fun around here… so you should be fun to!
This will be a full-time position with the expectation of working 35+ hours both in and outside the church per week most weeks.
Compensation will be determined based on experience. Benefits available, however, no relocation allowance available.
If you would like to pursue a position with us at Grace, please submit the following to
Resume, cover letter, 3 links (if available) to you teaching, 3 professional references
In your cover letter, please describe for us what draws you to this position and to Grace Raleigh.