Position Title: Preschool Coordinator (Part-Time)
Principle Function: As part of the Taylors Children Staff, responsible for the development, implementation, and oversight of a comprehensive ministry for Preschool Children and their families
General Summary: The Preschool Coordinator will serve Taylors FBC by developing and implementing a comprehensive, biblically-based ministry for Preschool aged children (Infant through 5K) and their families. He/She reflects a deep passion
for and professional excellence in discipling preschool children. This passion includes equipping parents to lead their children spiritually and morally while providing leadership, training and supervision to develop effective staff members and volunteers
involved in this ministry.
Education/Experience: A bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education/Development and experience working with children is required.
Supervisor: Minister of Children
- Provide leadership in the organization, supervision, and promotion of the Preschool Area
- Ensure the safety both physically and emotionally of all children who participate in the Preschool Area
- Provide Biblical leadership in the planning and implementation of all learning activities that will occur under all aspects of the Preschool Area
- In agreement with the Minister of Children, work with volunteers to coordinate outreach efforts for Taylors Children as it relates to Prospects, Absentees, CEF, Scouts, Public Schools, foster care, etc.
- Oversee the enlistment, training, and development of volunteers for preschool children
- Communicate with expectant parents and follow up after the birth with an in-home visit and gift
- Partner with parents to provide support and guidance in developing a spiritually positive home life
- Oversee Parent Child Dedication
- Provide leadership for the Preschool Children Assistant in curriculum selection and overall implementation of Sunday morning programming
- Work with the Minister of Children and Children’s Ministry Assistant in curriculum selection and overall implementation for weekly ministry programming and Special Events (Summer Spectacular, Wed PM, Missions Education, Music and Worship Education, etc.)
- Collaborate with Taylors Pre-Academy and PDO Director to explore ways to minister to Pre-Academy families
- Alongside the Minister of Children, assist with planning and implementing Taylors Children Staff meetings, retreats, evaluations, encouragement, etc.
- Be an active member of Taylors FBC participating in the life and ministries of the church
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Be a mature, growing lover and follower of Jesus Christ whose faith and Christ-like character is consistently exhibited through words and deed
- Pursue team unity among all Taylors Staff, Taylors Children Team, & volunteers through positive and encouraging attitudes and speech
- Possess a thorough knowledge of all aspects of working with Preschool aged-children. Able to excel in and exhibit ministry commitment, conduct, and professionalism
- Excel in ministry commitment, conduct, and professionalism
- Be a team player with a teachable spirit and a servant’s heart who is committed to the unity of the mission at Taylors FBC. Able to work cooperatively and respectfully with all members of the church staff, children, volunteers, and parents
- Be able to relate to and interact effectively with children and their families
- Be able to develop effective communications with staff and church members
- Be able to coordinate efforts with other ministry areas
- Be willing to help the Taylors Children Team wherever needed at all times
- In agreement with the Minister of Children, manage the day-to-day and long-range administrative aspects of Taylors Children including up-to-date and efficient systems that support current church policies and procedures