Position Title: Minister of Children
Principle Function: Responsible for the development, implementation, and oversight of a comprehensive ministry for Preschool and Elementary Children and their families.
General Summary: The full-time Minister of Children will serve Taylors FBC by developing and implementing a comprehensive, biblically-based ministry for Preschool and Elementary aged children (Infant through 5th grade) and their families
and those of the surrounding community. The Minister of Children will communicate vision with clarity and provide spiritual leadership, training, and supervision to staff members, volunteers, and parents involved in this ministry.
Education/Experience: A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably with an emphasis in Elementary Education or Early Childhood Development. Must also have a minimum of five years experience in Children’s Ministry. Seminary training is desirable.
Supervisor: Executive Pastor
Direct Reports to the Minister of Children:
- Children’s Ministry Assistant
- Part-Time Preschool Coordinator
- Director of Kindergarten at Taylors First’s Pre-Academy
Primary Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
- Exhibit a deep passion and compassion for discipling children and equipping parents to lead their children both spiritually and morally
- Develop effective staff members and volunteers involved in this ministry
- Pursue team unity among all Taylors Children Team members (volunteers) through positive and encouraging attitudes and speech
- Relate to and interact effectively with children and their families. Partner with parents to provide support and guidance to assist them in developing a spiritually positive home life
- Develop effective communications with staff and church members.
- Coordinate efforts with other ministry areas in keeping with the Vision and Values of the church
- Help the Taylors Children Team wherever needed at all times
- Manage the day-to-day and long-range administrative aspects of Taylors Children including up-to-date and efficient systems that support current church policies and procedures
- Perform all assigned Ministry Staff duties/responsibilities. (On-Call, Hospital Visits, Staff meetings, etc.)
- Provide leadership in the organization, supervision, and promotion of both the Preschool and Children’s Areas
- Ensure the safety, both physically and emotionally, of all children who participate in the Preschool and Children’s Areas
- Provide biblical leadership in the planning and implementation of all learning activities that will occur under all aspects of the Preschool and Elementary Children’s Areas.
- Work with volunteers to coordinate outreach efforts for Taylors Children as it relates to Prospects, Absentees, CEF, Public Schools, Foster Care, etc.
- Oversee the enlistment, training, and development of volunteers for all areas of Taylors Children
- Oversee Parent Child Dedication
- Provides leadership for Children’s Ministry Staff in curriculum selection and overall implementation for both regular weekly ministry programming as well for all Special Events (Summer Spectacular, Wednesday Nights, Missions Education, Music and Worship
- Oversee the Taylors First Pre-Academy through the supervision of the Kindergarten and PDO Directors
- Plan and implement Taylors Children Staff meetings, retreats, evaluations, encouragement, etc.
- Be an active member at Taylors FBC who is participating in the life and ministries of the church
- All other duties as assigned
- Be a mature, growing lover and follower of Jesus Christ whose faith and Christ-like character is consistently exhibited through words and deed
- Possess a thorough knowledge of all aspects of children’s work and is able to excel in and exhibit ministry commitment, conduct, and professionalism
- Exhibits strong leadership, communication, planning, and interpersonal skills. Has ability to organize systems and programs and can manage multiple responsibilities at one time
- Demonstrate a patience with and love for children along with a passion to build a relationally-oriented ministry characterized by creativity and enthusiasm
- Has a passion to love and lead children to encounter God, to be equipped as believers, and to actively engage the world (the mission of Taylors FBC)
- Be a team player with a teachable spirit and a servant’s heart who is committed to the unity of the mission at Taylors FBC. Able to work cooperatively and respectfully with all members of the church staff, children, volunteers, and parents
- Display a positive and optimistic attitude; willing to go the extra mile to love and serve children, parents, and leaders