Youth Pastor Position Profile
Berean Baptist is a multi-site church family in the south metro of the Twin Cities. Incorporated in 1963, the name Berean was chosen from Acts 17:11, “Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message
with great eagerness and examined the scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.” ESV
Berean Baptist Church exists to see our lives, our community, and our world transformed by the power of the gospel. We do this by helping people live out the gospel in every area of life. We gather for worship, grow in God's Word, give to
the work, and go into the world. Leadership over all campuses and ministries includes Dr. Wes Feltner—Lead Pastor, the Elder Board, six-person Executive Team, over 60 staff members and several hundred volunteers.
In 2017, Outlook Magazine named Berean Baptist Church the Tenth Fastest Growing Church in America. Our goal is to reach more people by going “there” (multi-site campuses in the south metro) and expanding our campus “here” in Burnsville. To accommodate
30% growth, there is also a 37,000-foot addition – a new worship center and commons, and remodel of the existing sanctuary that will be completed in late 2018. In October 2016, we launched our second campus in Lakeville as part of a multi-site strategy to
expand to four campuses in five years.
GROW in the Word. We want to see students be disciples who are making disciples. Whether youth are just starting out in faith or have been at it for a long time, we want them to grow in their faith and share the message of the gospel with others. We believe
our role as the local church is to partner with parents to energize, enrich, and equip youth in their journey. We want to connect youth with both people (community) and opportunities (discipleship). The Youth Ministry Pastor is responsible for a youth ministry
under the direction of the Family Ministry Pastor.
The Job Opportunity
The Youth Ministry Pastor is responsible for developing a comprehensive biblically-based ministry to youth and their parents. This role is part of the Berean GROW team (Gather, Grow, Give, Go) as we are on mission to see our lives, our community, and our
world transformed by the power of the gospel. Transformation will be accomplished through a biblical, comprehensive, and consistent approach to equip parents to be the primary disciple-makers of their children, to see them develop a firmly rooted, authentic
faith. The Youth Ministry Pastor will lead and oversee the youth ministry of Berean consisting of grades 6-12, including its budget, vision, strategy and structure.
This position will also directly oversee the High School ministry to students and families including its budget, programming, care, and making sure it fits within the overall vision for youth and the church. The successful candidate will possess the folloowing
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; additionally, a Master’s level seminary degree, or willingness to pursue one is desired
- Ordained minister, or willing to engage in the ordination process.
- Gifted in and called to youth ministry; loves youth and has passion for evangelism.
- Recognizes, encourages, and supports the God-ordained role of parents in the spiritual development of youth.
- 4-6 years prior professional leadership experience in a growing youth ministry with preference given to those with experience in a church of 1,000-1,500 or who have worked with a youth ministry with over 100 youth in weekly attendance.
- Lives a personal spiritual life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- Thrives within a team environment; with the pastoral staff, the elders, church staff, youth team, administrative team and volunteers.