Associate Pastor of Worship and Media Job Overview
Grace Baptist Fellowship
- Job description: This is a full time position (minimum of 40 hours a week) with the following responsibilities:
Lead worship portion of all services, prepare music for all worship services, prepare worship teams for services, plan special musical events, organize accompanist and special music schedules and assist in other areas of ministry as needed. Media responsibilities
will include the oversight of hardware and software acquisition, installation, training and maintenance, as well as applying graphic design and editorial skills to both our print and web-based media.
This position requires a commitment (subscribe unreservedly) to Grace’s doctrinal position and philosophy of ministry. It also requires a commitment to work closely with the Senior Pastor and submit to the leadership of the church board.
- Education: Must have a Bachelor’s level degree focused on Biblical studies and ministry from a Biblically and theological sound institution of higher learning. Education should include some formal training in both vocal and instrumental
music. Must have a level of music knowledge that enables him to communicate with a variety of instrumentalists including piano, keyboard, violin, drums and guitar.
- Music philosophy: Must subscribe to a blended music style where all members of the family (young and old) are honored. Songs sung should be theologically accurate and direct hearts toward Biblical truth and the one true God.
Should have a clear music and worship sense that draws people to join him in the worship experience. Should be warm, comfortable, musically gifted and himself involved in worshiping so that people can’t help following him. Should have the goal of encouraging
congregational participation in the singing. Also should be committed to recruiting, developing and utilizing singers and accompanists from members of the fellowship.
- Experience: Should have a minimum of three years of significant worship leadership experience. Experience in a variety of worship style environments is a big plus. A demonstration video will be required.
Should have significant skill and gifting in both singing and in playing at least one primary instrument that can be utilized in leading worship. An understanding of how different instrumentalists work together effectively is required. Some
preference will be given to candidates who have skills in playing a variety of instruments.
Should have technical skills (or the ability to learn how) to utilize a wide variety of equipment including computers, sound systems, video projection equipment and software, digital audio recording, networking, etc. in both iOS and Windows environments.
Should be proficient in the following programs: Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Publisher, Excel), Proclaim presentation software, Finale (or equivalent) music notation software, Adobe Photoshop and Premiere or equivalent software. Should also be familiar
with CCLI Songselect.
- Personal qualities: Should emphasize a warm, consistent quiet time with God. Make the study of God’s Word a priority. Maintain a loving, shepherd’s heart, if married, be a loving husband and leader who makes marriage and family a priority
and live a life of integrity and high moral standards in the community.