PLEASE APPLY HERE----> https://vsearch.ws/2JxU28d
About the Organization:
You belong here
Winnetka Congregational Church is a 139-year old, 700-member (250 households), independent, community church built on the foundation of Presbyterian and United Church of Christ precepts.
“A House of Worship for All People” is etched in stone above the entrance of our church. This phrase speaks to our DNA and expresses our mutual commitment to welcome people within our church for who they are, as well as to broadly serve others in the beyond
Here people from a rich variety of faith traditions find common ground and a vibrant, open-minded, open-hearted Christian community. Following the teaching and example of Jesus Christ, we are called to make a difference in the world.
From the beginning, WCC has striven to be a force for God and for good.
Inspired by Christ’s command to increase the love of God and to love our neighbor as ourselves, WCC has a rich history of community service and mission work in the community, Chicago and the world.
WCC was responsible for starting the Winnetka library, building the Winnetka Community House, and founding the Winnetka Caucus system. We created Harkness House Daycare and Early Childhood Education Center, helped found social-service agencies like A Just
Harvest food kitchen, Interfaith House respite care for the homeless, and helped bring Family Promise, an agency that provides temporary housing for the unemployed and their families in churches, synagogues, and mosques in the Chicago area.
The 100-year-old rummage sale of WCC’s Women’s Society donates over $200,000 a year to non-profit organizations throughout the Chicago area. The church’s Mission Giving group allocates another $100,000 per year from our annual pledge receipts to fund smaller,
“start up” nonprofits as part of our goal to reach those in the greatest need in our broader community. In addition to our $1.3 M annual budget, our strong debt-free financials and substantial Endowment funds enable us to carry out God's work in the world.
Because we believe the whole world is our neighbor, we have supplied hands-on help through mission trips domestically (New Orleans, Houston, Colorado) and internationally to Guatemala, Mexico, The Dominican Republic and Haiti. Our most recent adult mission
trip to Houston (January 2018) was an multi-faith mission trip with partners from a Jewish congregation and a Muslim congregation.
WCC seeks to continue to grow as a life-changing presence in our community and the world by following Jesus' example: breaking down the barriers that divide us and seeing the worth and dignity of all our neighbors.
About the Position:
The Associate Pastor for Children, Family, and Youth will be responsible for children, youth and young families, primarily. They will also assist the Senior Pastor with other pastoral duties supporting the congregation. The qualified candidate will help
the congregation fulfill the goal of growing the Winnetka Church and congregation through children and youth programming and outreach. Helping attract new children, youth, and families will be integral function of this position. This position is full-time
and will report directly to the Senior Pastor. The position supervises the staff and volunteers involved with children and youth programming.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Master of Divinity or comparable graduate degree from an accredited university or seminary is strongly desired.
Three to five years of experience in Youth and Children’s Ministry or related fields including education is preferred.
- PASSION for Christ - Able and willing to talk about Jesus with children and youth and help develop this relationship individually and collectively.
- PASSION for children and youth - A “heart on fire” and “fire in the belly” about ministering to, walking with, lifting up, cultivating the gifts, of children and youth – and their families.
- PALPABLE SENSE OF CALL - Ability and enthusiasm to be PRESENT in the lives of children and youth- On campus and OFF campus.
- PERSONAL charisma - The program, itself, and presence are not enough - must be a person with a spiritual, personal magnetism and relational ability.
- PERCEPTUAL gifts - Has the ability to sense, see, and then help the group name and inhabit those “bubble” moments when God/Christ/Spirit enters in the sometimes chaotic exuberance of working with youth.
- PROMOTER - Able/willing to reach out to youth/children/family beyond WCC
- Other PROFICIENCIES:
- Passion and ability to help youth and children participate in the full life of the congregation
- Organizational/administrative abilities and orientation
- Open, willing communicator
- Able to process things; doesn’t hold onto stuff
- Team orientatet
- Clear about responsibilities, but able and willing to pitch in/to do what it takes to get ministry done
About the Location:
Located only 17 miles from downtown Chicago with Lake Michigan as its eastern border, the village of Winnetka boasts a rich history, a tradition of citizen involvement, local shops, and educational excellence. Since most of the Village was built before 1930,
prior to the influence of the automobile and its use as the primary mode of transportation, Winnetka was designed so that its residents could walk to trains, schools, parks, and shops. Nationally known, New Trier High School is located in Winnetka but also
serves students from four other suburbs. In Winnetka, there are three public elementary schools and an all-village Junior High School.
Northwestern University and Garrett Seminary are about 5 miles south in the city of Evanston, a wonderful mini-metropolis energized by Northwestern’s culture. The Skokie Lagoons, a natural setting welcoming migrating birds and kayakers, feature a bicycle
path that extends south into Chicago and north into Lake County lie along Winnetka's western border. The nearby Chicago Botanic Gardens and Ravinia Park, a nationally renowned outdoor musical venue, draw visitors from all over Chicagoland.
Winnetka Congregational Church attracts members from all over the Chicago North Shore from communities including Northfield, Kenilworth, Wilmette, Glencoe, Highland Park, Evanston, Glenview and Northbrook. Residents of these suburbs find it easy to travel
into Chicago via multiple expressways, the Metra commuter train. To meet our growth goals we need to continue attracting members from both Winnetka and the surrounding communities.
PLEASE APPLY HERE----> https://vsearch.ws/2JxU28d