Mission: To Make and Send Disciples Who Love and Live Like Jesus
Denominations: Doctrinally Affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention
Riverside Church is a multi-generational, ethnically diverse congregation located in Fort Myers, Florida on a 28-acre campus. We are committed to the mission of “Making and Sending Disciples who Love and Live like Jesus” as instructed in Matthew 28:18-20.
Submitted to the leading of the Holy Spirit and informed by the inerrant scriptures, Riverside Church is elder governed and staff led. Pastoral leaders are dedicated and committed to developing and equipping disciples who make disciples through intentional,
This approach serves as both catalyst and key driver within every area of Riverside’s ministries (i.e. Adult, Family, Students, Children’s, Women’s, Men’s, Life Groups, etc.). Leaders at every level and a large percentage of the congregation intentionally
live out and model what it means to be a disciple of Jesus and to live on mission for Him. A variety of diverse life groups meet weekly in homes throughout Lee County as the foundational starting point for intentional, relational discipleship.
The Senior/Lead Pastor serves an as an elder among the elders. Co-laboring in concert with the elders, the Senior/Lead Pastor cooperatively leads and serves in a manner that ensures Riverside’s mission, its vision and values remains consistent with Scripture
and the Holy Spirit’s leading. The Senior/Lead Pastor casts vision and intentionally leads and equips the staff in accomplishing the mission of equipping the Church to make and send disciples who love and live like Jesus.
- Meets scriptural qualifications as set forth in I Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9 and I Peter 5:1-4
- Gifted in preaching and teaching Scripture, proclaiming the power and truth of the gospel clearly, accurately and effectively (Proper biblical exegesis and hermeneutical approach)
- Trained in and successful at equipping, empowering and motivating both staff and the Church to become mature Christ followers using an intentional, relational discipleship model
- Minimum of 5 years of continuous senior level pastoral leadership (i.e. senior pastor or executive pastor level) at a 400+ member congregation
- Significant experience working within an elder governed and staff led church and intermediate sized pastoral and ministry staff (10–20 staff)
- Master of Divinity (M.Div.) or related studies, or seminary degree
- Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) or related studies, or in pursuit of degree
- Church planting experience
- Demonstrative experience in training and equipping pastors and senior church leadership in utilizing an intentional, relational discipleship approach
- Demonstrative experience in training and equipping others through Christ-centered, leadership development models
- Work in collaborative setting with the elder board in leading the church, providing direction and vision, and formulating the church budget for board approval
- Responsible for vision casting to staff and church members
- Primary teaching pastor for adult services, oversee and train the teaching team, determine series contents and schedules
- Work closely with elder board, pastoral teams and ministry leaders to oversee and continually advance the intentional, relational discipleship approach at Riverside and the missions Riverside supports
- Oversee the caring and shepherding of the Church by occasionally facilitating, and training staff to facilitate, weddings, funerals and hospital visits
Spiritual Giftedness & Traits:
- Articulate, relational Bible expositor and teacher
- Possess a shepherd’s heart and temperament
- Demonstrates personal integrity, Godly character and personal leadership
- Persuasive, effective and passionate communicator
- Servant leader and encourager
- Passionate and purposeful about reaching the lost
- Church planting and missions experience (local and abroad)
- Desire to develop spiritual maturity in staff, and in church leadership
- Family oriented, having a priority for his family and other relationships
The Senior/Lead Pastor will be employed on a contractual, full-time basis, at the will of the elder board.
Please visit us at riversidechurch.org for more general information about Riverside. Candidates wishing to apply should submit the information
listed below to email@example.com in Word or PDF format. Please be sure to include the contact information for your references, including
phone numbers and email addresses.
- Letter of Introduction
- Resume with education, employment history and detailed qualifications, experience and accomplishments
- Video samples of at least three messages delivered within the last 24 months
- Three personal and three professional letters of recommendation including contact information