The Production Director’s purpose is to lead others and follow Christ as we seek to magnify God, echo the gospel, and inspire participation through our worship services. The Production Director develops and leads the pursuit of quality and consistent audio,
video, and lighting. The position is full-time, offers benefits, continuing education opportunities, and a variety of work in learning and executing an excellent sound experience.
The ideal candidate would have high leadership skills, production tech (audio, visual, lighting) experience and video production skills. This person would lead and empower volunteers to do much of the audio, video, lighting, visuals, and technical work that
support The Ridge ministries.
- Faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Able to articulate and share this with others.
- Commitment to moral purity, healthy lifestyle, and practice appropriate personal boundaries.
- Mission, Vision, Values, and Worship Philosophy of The Ridge to magnify God, echo the gospel, and inspire transformation.
Essential Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
Identify, recruit, train, resource, and oversee technical arts teams and leaders. (50%)
- Identify – utilize discernment while observing people, looking for those with leadership potential that are passionate about the tech arts.
- Recruit – engage potential leaders, motivating them to transition from being a follower into a leader.
- Train – put into place effective systems to train volunteers to be used by God in tech arts.
- Resource – provide point leaders and volunteers with resources (both equipment and education) to effectively accomplish the goals set out in each of the various tech arts teams.
- Oversee – provide regular and consistent 2-way communication with tech arts leaders, schedulers, and teams. Would oversee Audio Engineer.
Specific teams include but are not limited to:
- Production teams (lighting, visuals, camera)
- Post-Production (capture, edit, upload sermons and other designated content)
- Video Production (to create video elements useful in worship services)
- Audio/Sound (stage tech, FOH engineering, recording/producing)
Coordinate and produce all technical aspects of worship services and events. (40%)
- Work in coordination with Service Programming Director, Audio Engineer and Admin Production Coordinator, to plan and implement technical aspects of worship services and upcoming events.
- Provide technical direction and oversight to all weekend & special worship services (Good Friday, Encounter Sundays, Christmas services, etc.)
- Oversee the implementation of new technology. Ensure that our worship stays culturally relevant while spiritually sound and allows people to experience God.
- Provide A/V support for other ministries and special events, in collaboration with other staff.
- Video Production– telling the story of events / stories within the Church
- Examples of videos can include: Promotion, Church values, Celebration, Life Transformation, Spiritual Deepening
- Producing videos and presentations for special services (Good Friday, Encounter Sundays, Christmas services, etc.)
Sunday Night Service Video Editing & production oversight. (10%)
- Manage the capturing process to ensure quality recording for Sunday night message playback
- Edit and produce final sermon videos and ready them for Sunday night services.
- Work in collaboration with Sunday Night Audio/Prod Tech to ensure all production roles are ready and set for Sunday night worship services. (Empowering and offering solutions when needed).
Non-Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Tech Directing services and events
- Equipment and computer configuration changes, calibrations, wiring and gear installations
Knowledge & Skills:
- Leadership, overseeing both staff leaders and volunteer crews
- Production video directing, live event/studio/field production environments
- Knowledge of HDSDI video systems and components
- Skilled at shooting and editing HD video. (Final Cut Pro X, etc)
- Audio engineering experience (both analogue and digital systems), recommended
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues in a variety of settings & venues
- Integrating technical elements with creative and worship arts
- Communicate & collaborate with Service Programming Dir, and other key staff, in a team-focused manner
Education & Training:
- College degree, recommended
- 2+ years experience in leadership position
- 2+ years experience in video directing, live event/studio/field production
- 2+ years experience in video shooting/editing, recommended
- 1+ years experience in audio engineering and/or recording, recommended
- 1+ years experience in lighting, visuals, and/or design, recommended
Our Video Environment:
Atem 1 M/E Production Studio
5-6 Cameras, Canon XF105 on sticks, 2-3 cams mounted on stage
ProPresenter 6 CG sources
Sanyo main projector, Vivitek fold back projector
Field production lighting and audio gear
Avolites Quartz light console
Our Sound Reinforcement:
1 SD9 at FOH
1 Presonus 32.4.2 AI fed by Dante for musician monitoring
PSM900 In Ear monitor units
2 X ULXD4Q for microphone receivers
Up to date microphone selection (Shure B52, B91, 81s, and more. Audio D4, D6. Sennheiser e904s, e604s).