Our Mission Statement is: Glorifying God, Believing in His Son, Loving One Another.
The Ministry Associate will serve alongside the Pastor and the leadership team. They will specifically assist the Pastor in leading the church staff and officers in calling, equipping, and sending the congregation in ministry. As well as, support and enchance
existing ministries and help open the door to new discipleship opportunities and innovations.
- Warm, open, approachable, and personable.
- Creative & open to new ideas.
- Organized and able to delegate.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- A sense of humor!
- A dedicated, gifted, and Spirit-filled follower of Jesus who both hungers for God’s Word and can teach it.
- A sincere spiritual leader and motivator.
- A good communicator and listener.
- Facility with both contemporary and traditional styles, as well as the ability to relate to different generations.
- Passion for church revitalization and growth as people are connected to Christ.
- Enthusiastic about the Good News and its ability to transform lives, families, and communities.
- Co-ordinate youth (12 - 18 yrs), young adult (18 - 30 yrs), and family ministries with C.E. director, C.E. committee, and lay leaders.
- Co-ordinate small group ministries with C.E. and Church Life committees and other church groups.
- Evaluate the need and implement specialty classes such as divorce support group, financial planning, bereavement, etc.
- Hands-on participation in youth events with lay leaders.
- Create purposeful, intentional relationships with youth, their families, and young adults.
- Teach youth and young adult classes, as needed.
- Recruit, train and equip volunteers and lay leaders.
- Equip parents to lead their children in family discipleship by growing and nurturing families in all aspect of their lives.
- Initiate scheduling, registration and promotion of all classes and events while supporting lay leaders.
- Conduct follow-up contacts with visiting families and youth.
- Periodic preaching and leading worship.
- Assist Pastor and deacons with pastoral care for those in crises, hospitals, nursing homes, retirement homes and shut-ins.
- Assist pastor with bereavement calls and funerals as needed.
- Other responsibilities and duties as deemed necessary by the pastor and session.
This is a full-time salaried staff position. The church is open to considering an (ordained) associate pastor call for qualified applicants. Base salary is $40,000 per year plus benefits.