The ideal candidate must:
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be called of God to serve in the music and multimedia ministries of FBCLS.
- Abide by the Baptist Faith and Message in accordance with the Constitution and By-Laws of FBCLS.
- Be an excellent communicator who is able to utilize a variety of communication modes to reach a diverse population.
- Be able to develop positive and productive relationships with church staff and volunteers.
- Have excellent planning, coordination, and organization skills.
- Be knowledgeable in a variety of music styles and genres, and have excellent music reading skills.
- Be a skilled conductor and demonstrate proficiency in at least one musical instrument.
- Be proficient in music theory, and able to transpose and create new music arrangements as needed.
The Ideal candidate must have:
- Experience running sound and A/V hardware and software.
- Experience training and equipping church leaders and supervising employees.
- Experience in conducting ministerial counseling sessions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Church Music, Music Education, or equivalent, and a graduate level degree, preferably a seminary degree.
- Experience teaching, leading, and organizing music and worship ministries.
- Experience working with vocalists of varying ages/skill levels, conducting a variety of musical ensembles, and directing theatrical productions.