First UMC of Macclenny
POSITION: Preschool Director
DATE POSTED: 5/30/18
HOURS: 40 Hours
SALARY: $35,000 Annually (Salary is commensurate with education and experience)
BENEFITS: Continuing Education Funds
The First United Methodist Church of Macclenny (FUMC) preschool is a valued outreach ministry to the surrounding community and Church families and we are seeking a dynamic individual to assume leadership for this growing ministry. This position will direct
the continued growth of the preschool by crafting a relevant Christian vision within the context of the mission set by Church leadership and early childhood education standards. FUMC preschool is an ACSI accredited program and utilize the Abeka curriculum.
The Core Responsibilities of the Position Are:
- Having a vital and personal faith relationship with Christ and be willing to share your personal testimony with others.
- Oversee and guide the daily operations of the preschool (Budgeting, staffing, DCF and VPK requirements, etc.).
- Build relationships within the community and maintain a visible presence to promote an awareness of the Preschool and its mission.
- Provide organizational development, leadership, and encouragement to the preschool’s staff.
- Initiate opportunities for collaboration between Pastoral, Children’s Ministry, and Preschool staff to ensure shared activities and events.
- Create systems of communication that will facilitate an ongoing dialogue between the Preschool and Preschool families in a timely manner utilizing multiple media platforms.
- Work with the Staff Parish Relations Committee and the Preschool Advisory Board in order to ensure that children entrusted to FUMC through this ministry will receive exemplary education in a safe, caring, and positive Christian learning environment.
Qualifications and Skills:
- DCF Director Credentials and CPR Certified
- Baccalaureate degree preferred in either child development, early childhood education, or early childhood special education or a minimum of eight years of demonstrated successful experience in Early Childhood Education as a director
- Proficient with computer technology and software, including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel)
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form
- A willingness to learn and adhere to the policies and procedures of FUMC
- An obvious love of children and the necessary persona to build relationships with children
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org