Job Title: Small Groups Pastor
Supervisor: Director of Adult Ministries
Hours: Full time position – 40 hours/week
FLSA Status: Salaried – Exempt
The position of Small Groups Pastor for Pathway Community Church plays a vital leadership role in the daily operations of our ministry. The Small Groups Pastor at Pathway will manage and improve the strategies that allow men and women to
connect to weekly small groups. They will recruit, train, and deploy multiple levels of small group leadership. This will require a firm grasp of and alignment with the mission, values, and strategy of Pathway.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This individual must love God and people and have a vital, growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Previous experience and leadership of a healthy
small group is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide continual oversight and training opportunities for current small group hosts.
- Manage a host-training strategy that helps adults launch and lead new groups.
- Develop small group coaches who provide encouragement, support, and accountability for small group hosts.
- Oversee and manage all related budget accounts and purchases.
- Serve with our pastor-on-call rotation, funeral/wedding officiating, and other general pastoral responsibilities.
- Designate time for continuing education and learning from others who are leading small group ministry well.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Adult Ministries.
The Small Groups Pastor will oversee the administrative help assigned to this role.
- Leadership displayed through abilities to coordinate volunteer teams and events and an ability to recruit, develop, support, and inspire effective team leaders.
- Work in concert with all directors respective to ministry area events.
- Exercise confidentiality and discretionary judgment with noted ability to make sound decisions.
- Use flexibility within working responsibilities or environment.
- Lead independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision-making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Maintain proficient presentation skills before groups of people.
- Maintain proficient technological skills, with the ability to learn new software and/or applications.
- Lead in a multi-task environment, with the ability to prioritize work requirements.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills to ensure issues are handled in a professional manner.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Successful completion of four-year Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in a ministry-related field is desired.
- Minimum five years related experience in full-time vocational ministry.
- Previous ministry experience on a multi-member church staff is preferred but not required.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
To find out more about Pathway, visit PCCFW.ORG